@iKandy said:
    I'm holding off on updating all my games for Android
    (because of the X509TrustManager issue)

Can we expect this release in
    1.) a few days?
    2.) a few months?
    3.) a few years?
    4.) ever?

I thought this was resolved. Some other errors preventing you from updating to resolve this?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236
    edited March 2016

@iKandy said:

1.) a few days?
    2.) a few months?
    3.) a few years?
    4.) ever?

I'm assuming they keep saying "soon" because they don't want to have to break a deadline. There have been many cases where they've set a deadline, then didn't make it, then people jumped all over them about it.

I would assume that it'll be ready when your phone pops up with a notification that your gamesalad viewer has an update pending.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited March 2016

@AlchimiaStudios

i am also patiently waiting for this update in order to update all apps in one go.
    (iAd -> admob banners, X509TrustManager )

Version 1.25 important fixes:
    +new good looking HD font
    +chartboost game crashing bug fix
    +stuttering issue fix
    which all comes with this update.

If we update with the current or any older version of game salad to fix X509TrustManager and or to replace the iAD Banners with Admob, we still will have to update all apps once more for the mentioned issues above, which is a ton of work depending on the amount of apps you got.

So I am waiting

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

@BigDave said:
    @AlchimiaStudios

i am also patiently waiting for this update in order to update all apps in one go.

+stuttering issue fix

If we update with the current or any older version of game salad to fix X509TrustManager and or to replace the iAD Banners with Admob, we still will have to update all apps once more for the mentioned issues above, which is a ton of work depending on the amount of apps you got.

So I am waiting

Agreed! This is why I am waiting as well, doing double updates on 40+ apps is a little time consuming.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@BigDave said:
    @AlchimiaStudios

+stuttering issue fix

So I am waiting

Ah I see. Hopefully its not too much longer now.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    I thought this was resolved. Some other errors preventing you from updating to resolve this?

It was indeed resolved. Unless people suffer from the stuttering bug (which is not in all games) there is no need for them to keep waiting.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@iKandy said:

1.) a few days?
    2.) a few months?
    3.) a few years?
    4.) ever?

They can't give an answer as they don't know exactly when. It could take days or weeks to resolve a bug. Even a bug fix can trigger another issue et... Most issues are resolved. Main issue is with the camera which is causing stuttering and they have yet to isolate the issue.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@BigDave said:
    @GeorgeGS

Do we have the new chartboost sdk on board?
    They make some sweet promises in their latest post.

I can't promise anything, but I updated both iOS and Android to 6.4 today. We were at 6.3/6.1 respectively. Initial tests seem okay, but if we run into problems and that's the only thing holding us up I'll have to go back to the earlier versions. I'm crossing my fingers. :)

• ETGgamesETGgames Member, PRO Posts: 190

My God. I have gotten out an ad hoc test game on android and let me tell you guys, its almost as if the game is running a new engine. The fonts are amazing and crisp, for starters. There is no longer the problem of sound delays. The performance is so so much better my games don't actually lag now. Trust me, with all the new stuff the gs team have added and fixed, you will be wondering why its being release so soon!

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

It seems lots of people have 1.25 already.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited March 2016

@lycettebros said:

Except us! :'( Could be an export problem?

Not that I'm much good at identifying and reporting bugs anyway.

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

indeed, 1.25 has better performance. it runs smooth on my largest project. although i don't see any loading wheel. well its the best update so far.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Better performance and custom fonts .. really cant wait to test it and release my game .. i hope they manage to fix the bugs soon we all waited so long but from the things i read and saw it really is worth the time.. goodluck gs team

@lycettebros said:

Not it is only a few like 10 beta testers, they just happen to be people who post a lot. Which is the reason they are testing they actually do the work. Beta testing isn't about have a test version for your enjoyment, it is about testing things to find bugs. This was why they got rid of the old test group as not many were doing the work. Plus you need to know the software really well to test it. We have to test all aspects to look for issues, not just the new features. It's actually a lot of work. Not only do we spot the bugs but we work to narrow down the direct thing causing the issue and build a test project and notes for the team. It's not all fun and games, it is serious work.

First to admit I would not be a good candidate to test the Beta so appreciate those who do.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

yeah, you all do great work so thanks. i just to be a games tester with sony playstation for 10 years, i feel your pain :) i just hope they pay you :)

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@lycettebros said:

Not it is only a few like 10 beta testers, they just happen to be people who post a lot. Which is the reason they are testing they actually do the work. Beta testing isn't about have a test version for your enjoyment, it is about testing things to find bugs. This was why they got rid of the old test group as not many were doing the work. Plus you need to know the software really well to test it. We have to test all aspects to look for issues, not just the new features. It's actually a lot of work. Not only do we spot the bugs but we work to narrow down the direct thing causing the issue and build a test project and notes for the team. It's not all fun and games, it is serious work.

actually far better results are achieved in beta tests if users are as diverse mixed up and frankly as as odd as possible. The very nature of bugs means they remain hidden to average users and only show up when software is driven a littler bit off course :)

@tmann said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@lycettebros said:

actually far better results are achieved in beta tests if users are as diverse mixed up and frankly as as odd as possible. The very nature of bugs means they remain hidden to average users and only show up when software is driven a littler bit off course :)

That is true if you have months to test something. The real issue here was in the past people asked to be testers and never did the testing they just wanted the software.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@tmann said:

Very true, that's why the team includes both users who are what you call 'average users' as well as people who know the software very well and aim to take it and make it jump through hoops to catch even those off course problems.

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278
    edited March 2016

Wow I was experimenting on Custom Fonts and I unlocked one feature that will be a killer shortcut to a feature that u could have never imagine!! I will publish this findings in 1-2 days.. but its working really great on my recent project so I thought to share my experience with my community!! so stay tuned!!

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) said:
    Wow I was experimenting on Custom Fonts and I unlocked one feature that will be a killer shortcut to a feature that u could have never imagine!! I will publish this findings in 1-2 days.. but its working really great on my recent project so I thought to share my experience with my community!! so stay tuned!!

Was it Google services you find there? :)

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

are all major bugs fixed ? or did you guys find new ones ? :'(

edited March 2016

I sense the frustration building...it may be wise @Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) to hold off until the thing is finally released.

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@lycettebros said:

Actually, i do not agree. It takes a lot of time and effort to find bugs. Some companies pay people to do the job. Its not easy.

edited March 2016

@lycettebros ok then I will hold it, @freneticz it's not related to google but through custom fonts you can unlock a very complex logic into a single line logic which will make life easy.. Well I thought of it and it worked very well as I am working on rpg .. It is actually a small tweak using a custom fonts .. Still I am experimenting so wait.. it has limitation but it is much much better than the complex and process intensive logic..

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236
    edited March 2016

If you can make your own fonts, couldn't you technically have actors actually be a character from a font? So you could make the hero actor the letter A, but then it wouldn't actually be a letter A, it would just be whatever picture you put in that font. Almost like using wingdings as characters, but it's your own personal wingdings that are the characters from your game.

edited March 2016

@owen_dennis yup you r right.. it makes a lot of sense.. and endless possibility.. but you cannot put picture as font is vector.. Just hold till I show you power of custom fonts!!