ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Bug Fixes:

• Removing attributes is now possible again

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Great stuff !! :)

Any news on the iOS viewer issues ?

• VodkaNaleVodkaNale Member Posts: 8

Hi, Html5 Preview not working fo me, it shows black screen ( Mac latest el captain)

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Great build , everything is quick and good , please look into html5 publishing though , you got many new users expecting html5 performance to be good , but unfortunately its not , there are many bugs , its really too slow and not stable. if it was good, we can even wrap it as exe , but the way it is now theres really no use of it (not all games , some work well).

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278

@Icebox you are right, I converted my html5 game to exe, it was really bad performance.. it needs lots of improvement..

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Builds been stable for me so far, love not having to wait for actors with a ton of logic to load.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Thanks for keeping us informed of the ongoing fixes. It does a lot to bolster our confidence in GS.

• quinn221quinn221 Member Posts: 280

still crashes for me with large actors

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@quinn221 said:

Consistently or randomly? Can you reproduce the problem in a test project that you can add to a bug report?

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207

awfully quite in here. I guess I'd like to express my thanks for fixing the bug. Also I recently installed 64GB of ram in my comp and found it really helped alleviate the usage slow down. looking at the memory usage, it seems like GS slowly eats up memory and causes the slow down over time. but I suppose memories are cheap enough now you could add a lot more than you need and feed the baby beast.

• quinn221quinn221 Member Posts: 280

@Armelline said:

@quinn221 said:

Consistently or randomly? Can you reproduce the problem in a test project that you can add to a bug report?

Like clockwork. I can get it to crash 100% of the time. I did send the file to the gamesalad team. I believe they are looking into it

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@ultima said:
    awfully quite in here. I guess I'd like to express my thanks for fixing the bug.

People complain a whole lot louder than they say thanks :D

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Thanks a whole lot @ForumNinja. Yours and @CodeWizard's work is off the charts! My builds are all looking nice and juicy now :)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited June 2016

@ForumNinja I hope you dont consider this as complaining , im just asking to get an idea of whats next. I know that the next step will be general usability improvements which will include snap to grid, zoom etc.. (as CEO mentioned on his introduction thread) so just wondering should we expect anything soon ? or does it take alot of time. Thanks

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited June 2016

@Icebox said:
    @ForumNinja I hope you dont consider this as complaining , im just asking to get an idea of whats next. I know that the next step will be general usability improvements which will include snap to grid, zoom etc.. (as CEO mentioned on his introduction thread) so just wondering should we expect anything soon ? or does it take alot of time. Thanks

Whether it takes a lot of time or not it would be good to have some sort of communication between GameSalad and its users, even if a staff member jumps in every few days to answer a question or two, the last few months have felt like the community has been cut off with only the occasional burst of communication (usually in response to days or weeks of existential panic).

Its been so quiet and i dont want to cause trouble here but its frustrating me. I feel like it might take a year to come up with snap to grid , zoom , etc (based on waiting 5-6 months for 1.25) . Then it might take years and years to finish the feature requests they have. ( that is if they consider making them). So if im looking for bug free html5,native exe, steam publishing , joints , google service etc. , i will wait for a really really long time. This is why i want to know whats next , how long do they plan on making things happen ?

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207

i don't imagine these features hard to implement if they have the right resource. To have the right resource they need to generate enough revenue, and to generate enough revenue they need to have the right features that customers are willing to pay for, both new and old. it'd be short sighted to respond to all these user requests and lost sight of where they really need to go to get enough revenue so they can start to hire the right people to grow the company. While I got a bunch of features i want them to implement, I know that it's probably best if they reposition themselves out of this kiddie piano software that's not making them any serious money and get out of this negative spiral downwards. So be patient, because we don't really have a choice haha. Complaining will probably not help either, one thing I learned these past few years is not to let anything stop you from getting to where you want to be. including the tools you use. there are many tools at your disposal, use the right one for the right job. I love GS for it's ease of use but not going to let it stop me from getting where i want my ideas to be. So if they figure it out one day, great if not it's fine too. I say let them focus and figure things out. =)

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Because of education, I would guess they will need to get these things ready for a September rollout.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited June 2016

really no point to ask for more right now.

Game salad is solid and enables you to create builds which are working great and can be monetised.

I think that over focus on what game salad does next is not healthy for them and neither for yourselfs.

It appears a lot like pointing fingers instead of focusing on what YOU do next with what is there.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2016

There are loads of features I'd like to see but if I'm honest I'd probably never finish a project with either of them!

As long as it's a stable build and is working fine with the latest OS X I'll be back in a couple of days when I've got some time to sit down with it.

I'd like to see a little more love to the Arcade though for those that have the basic account and can't publish to any other platform. Ratings, no of plays and filters for a start. With number of plays and ratings you can have a constant and dynamic changing top games page.

I think they should take this time to start making GameSalad look more appealing on their website. Some nice showcase videos won't go a miss. And a regularly updated featured game page.

• YeezyHypeBeastYeezyHypeBeast Member Posts: 60

I think UI improvements should be the thing to ask for. They would benefit students and the users in the community. I just think we should know if they are working the things we ask.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@Socks said:
    Any news on the iOS viewer issues ?

Not that I'm aware of.

@Icebox said:

We've got some time estimates for zoom and snap to grid. The best I can say is soon™. I could give some dates, but I'd rather not since we have a history of missing them :)

@KevinCross said:
    I think they should take this time to start making GameSalad look more appealing on their website. Some nice showcase videos won't go a miss. And a regularly updated featured game page.

This could be a neat idea, I know that the featured games page is due for an update. I mean Roll Turtle isn't on there!

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@ForumNinja will there be a new version coming where opening and closing complex actors is not so slow? This latest version made things slightly better, but still much, much worse than it used to be...

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Liking this build. Snappy creator again!!! THANK YOU!

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@ForumNinja said:
    We've got some time estimates for zoom and snap to grid. The best I can say is soon™. I could give some dates, but I'd rather not since we have a history of missing them :)

Understood, yet even a ball park figure would be most welcome. Just to get an idea what time-frame and features you are considering.

Other than that, as @viking is saying, the slow opening of large actors is still plaguing, or totally hampering some large projects, and needs to be alleviated soon.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@viking said:
    @ForumNinja will there be a new version coming where opening and closing complex actors is not so slow? This latest version made things slightly better, but still much, much worse than it used to be...

It's weird because i've seen a few people mention this, but I can load an actor with a huge amount of logic and the logic is instantly loaded now.

But going between views is what's slow for me (pressing back for forward, going from scene view to actor vie, etc).

Is it the former or latter you all are having issues with?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Is it the former or latter you all are having issues with?

We are probably talking about the same thing. The issue we see is this:

Clicking on a large actor to open, will show the beach-ball for a long time, before actually opening and displaying the rules. Navigating the rules or opening collapsed behaviors is also extremely so. Same thing when backing out of the actor back to scene view.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@viking said:

Yes. This is what CodeWizard is currently looking into. Once we've got a new build for you guys that alleviates this issue I'll feel more comfortable giving a ballpark estimate for the next features :)

AWESOME!!!

@AlchimiaStudios if I take my most complex actor and open the XML file in a text editor like TextWrangler and do a hard text wrap at 72 characters per line I get more than 54,000 lines of code from one actor.

Now perhaps that is a lot and I am sure I could optimize my logic to make it leaner, but previous versions of GameSalad was able to easily open and close this actor, which is impressive. I just want to get back to where we used be in regards to editing performance.

Looking forward to seeing what CodeWizzard can do with the GS code base :)