Introducing GameSalad Direct

1484950515254»

Comments

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    I made a new logo that describes the company's communication skills better:

If you want to use it, I'll only take 40% of your income:)
  • ccbx4321ccbx4321 Member Posts: 43
    Well, I don't know why it's not posted here on the forums, but they did just send a tweet out, yesterday I think, posting this:

"Hi everybody!

I would like to thank everyone in the GameSalad community for their comments, critiques, and concerns over our previous announcement of GameSalad Direct. We really value your feedback! In fact, I’m pleased to announce that we’ve made a number of changes largely as a result of your comments with more details to come soon.

GameSalad will be launching a new subscription and membership program that will continue to allow developers to publish under their own Apple developer accounts. Under the new program, there will be no “per app” submission costs and no revenue share. For those of you who valued having GameSalad manage the publishing process, GameSalad will still offer to publish some titles under a different program.

Next week, we are also launching a new “Professional” tier subscription, replacing the current “Pro” subscription. Further, the current “Express” subscription will also be seeing significant tweaks as well. We are pricing the new subscriptions competitively and users will be given a fast and cost effective way to upgrade from their current subscriptions.

The new memberships will go live concurrently with GameSalad 0.9.0, coming soon.

Everyone here at GameSalad is very excited about this new plan and what it means for people making games. Thank you for your thoughts, suggestions, support, input, concerns, emails, and even phone calls.

Mahalo."

Here's the link:

http://gamesalad.com/blog/2010/10/29/a-message-to-the-gamesalad-community/

Also, there's a short note in the "Gamesalad Direct FAQ" that reads:

"We heard you!

We knew that our announcement of GameSalad Direct would draw a strong reaction from our developer community. What we didn’t realize was that we had done such a poor job of addressing the issues most important to you. As I read through all 44 (!!) pages of comments (thank you for the “Planet of the Apes” clip – a timeless classic), I knew we had some explaining to do. I apologize for that mistake, and will take some time to address each of the concerns we’ve seen come up most often."

Link: http://gamesalad.com/blog/2010/10/16/a-brief-faq-on-gamesalad-direct/

Looks like that post is a bit old however. I admit I've been away from the forums for too long due to school/work. I come back and look at the mess that has been made!

Hopefully this will all be sorted out soon, but at least here's some news if you haven't spotted their tweet already.
  • MixelMixel Member Posts: 32
    Amazing news.. Crisis averted! So happy right now. Let's hope the sub costs aren't too prohibitive. :)
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    ccbx4321 said:
    Well, I don't know why it's not posted here on the forums, but they did just send a tweet out, yesterday I think, posting this:

erm.. it's been sticky posted at the top of the forum for 2 days (but it is true that people never read the stickies).
  • seymourseymour Member Posts: 56
    So GS. Will get a small cut of the profit. Apple is already taking a percentage
    Of what we sell through the dev center. We get to use an easy no code writing free program and we don't have to put up with the hassle making sure all our certificate and other things are all in order. I'm still new to this whole game designing but if the price they charge is with in reason and we still get to have our own name on our games then I think it's worth a shot.

GS. Please hurry and send us more information on Direct.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    seymour, they've addressed this already. Read the "A Message to the GameSalad Community" sticky at the top.

It's time to let this thread die.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    @ jonmulcahy... Your possibly being a little premature. Until solid details are released we still have no real idea of whats actually in the pipeline.

Hopefully theyre going to stick to Yoda's statement that the new subscription model and 0.9 version of the software will be released sometime this week, and then we can actually know for sure... but the more recent post where it mentions they expect to release things over "the coming weeks" shows that theres still plenty of room for things to change, and that we're still left somewhat with the usual GameSalad system of hints, promises and vagueness.

So Im hoping things do happen this week... but I dont see why the thread should be expected to die just yet, until something more solid materializes.
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    oh good times :)

-Josh
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    this thread is insane
    GS CHAT ROOM HERE:http://gsgame.epiggames.com/chat
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    WRF? This thread is 4 mths old and the server doesn't exist? Why does it say the latest post was by calvin9403.

calvin, if you responded to this, PLEASE stop bumping or responding to old threads.

This discussion has been closed.