GameSalad 0.9.5 – HTML5 Game Creation for Everyone

Comments

• MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Yodapollo that is awesome!

I cannot wait for this to happen :)
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    simo103 said:
    poking around 0.9.5 and looking at the control template and list of features/fixes .... great job GS thanks for all the effort, much appreciated.

+1 but I'm bit disappointed that there is "no sound in preview" fix. Or they fix it?
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Those controls are really good. I cannot wait to use them!
  • TeamLava8TeamLava8 Member, BASIC Posts: 294
    yeah I am still have an issue in preview where I can hear no sound effects at all.
    It's a shame.

Making the world better one pixel at a time!

My Website
    Over 70 AWESOME Gamesalad Templates by me!
    HIRE ME!

Also where is the search feature. I used the search on this site all the time. Also is anyone having long wait time on the portion of publishing where it says creating new page on gamesalad.com?

My Website
    HIRE ME!

• DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Uhh, where are the videos for the Cookbook? I just went over there to the YouTube channel and hadn't seen any new videos.
  • NexusGameStudioNexusGameStudio Member Posts: 265
    So very happy to see Masala finally launch, seemed to have no issues running any of the games so far on the new arcade page.

On a side note regarding the site update, besides looking rather lovely, please darken the text on the forums, it is very light :P

Anyways, congrats GS and everyone else who also had their game launch on the new service :D
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @NexusGameStudio

Thanks! And thank you so much for letting us include Gravonaut as one of our premiere launch titles. It's a favorite here at the GS HQ and we're super excited to see it in HTML5.

Also, we are working on fixing the forum text. To be honest, it took me by surprise as well. Hopefully we'll get that sorted out later today. If not, then early tomorrow.

--Yodapollo
  • mangaroomangaroo Member Posts: 419
    Wow access to some new markets, thanks GameSalad team - although having a look at the chrome game app store they all seem to be priced free.. guess we'll see what the plans are later

some other ideas

http://www.antipode.ca/2010/the-chrome-web-store-get-paid-to-make-things/

regarding the new forum look - i thought my gfx card had kicked it in :P
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    @yoda And maybe fix the subscribe to topic button while your at it? :D
  • NexusGameStudioNexusGameStudio Member Posts: 265
    @Yodapollo

Anytime and thanks for the opportunity! :D

I notice now there can be a dip in performance after a bit of playing, hopefully it is just issues to be ironed out in the future.
    is anyone having severe hangup issues on the "creating page on gamesalad.com" part of the upload. I let one game sit there for around an hour an now I'm retrying and i am 15 minutes in on the second wait around.

I don't mind i just wonder if its normal or if i should wait longer?

Anyone?

My Website
    HIRE ME!

• EdwardFEdwardF Member Posts: 27
    This news has made my weekend. Although I'm not one to say it, but...

Called it!
    Hey, everybody!

I'm working on getting our HTML5 Best Practices up for everyone. Part 1 is available now HERE.

--Yodapollo
  • Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
    Hmmmm. Interesting.

I was wondering what they were going to do with that acquisition, and I had always thought the custom plug-in thing for the web publishing was a clunky solution.

So, as of right now, you can publish to the GameSalad Arcade, but can you get that code for self hosting if you please?

This is a pretty good idea for self-promotion, and demos, as long as the game fits in to the mold of keyboard/mouse Input...

Unfortunately, it wasn't working to well for me in the latest Chrome build on a Windows machine.

The Space Wolf game was unplayable, Air Supply was barely playable, Gravonaut was pretty good performance though, so... I don't know.
    @SkyMaple

Definitely on the list for the next web update. It's become a personal mission of mine.

@jayleedesigns

We were having some pretty bad server slowdowns earlier. Things seem to have smoothed out. I would cancel if you can and try uploading again.

--Yodapollo
  • XpandemicXpandemic Member Posts: 157
    YES HTML5! MY FACE IS MELTED PRETTY BAD hahaha.

Wow thanks so much GS Staff YOU GUYS ROCK! Just wondering, well we be able to edit the html5 code?
  • mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    Sorry for this question
    Please give me idea ....How can I use HTML5 to make more money ? or help my iphone and ipad an mac app sell more
    @yodapollo thanks! I am still trying. I should probably wait til tonight or something I just feel so impatient. Gamesalad is growing quite nicely.

My Website
    HIRE ME!

mintmomeg said:
    Sorry for this question
    Please give me idea ....How can I use HTML5 to make more money ? or help my iphone and ipad an mac app sell more

You can sell your game in google chrome app marketplace, Im sure more html5 based game sites would pop op.....this is just the beginning :D
    I think monetarily at the moment there may not be a huge benefit. But as far as gaining interest for your paid apps this is priceless. If you have a personal website setup and you have splash pages for your games there really is nothing better tha being able to play some form of your game right there on the page.

Free Apps are nice, but this ensures that if you have a solid game and people try it, they will be much more inclined to download the full ios/mac version.

One thing to consider as well is creating mini games based upon your main game, and posting them to your blog to gain PR momentum. All in all this opens up a wide range of possibilities.

No matter what money never comes easy, this could be a great way to at least make it a bit easier.

My Website
    HIRE ME!

Only one slight problem, people don't update their browsers :P
  • mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    Oh thanks I get idea now but still need more help

1. How to apply to be developer for google chrome app marketplace and which web address ...
    2. can you tell me more website that sell app make by html5
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    mintmomeg said:
    Oh thanks I get idea now but still need more help

1. How to apply to be developer for google chrome app marketplace and which web address ...
    2. can you tell me more website that sell app make by html5

Google it
  • BRGKeenBRGKeen Member Posts: 40
    AMAZING news you guys. This is fantastic.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Wow, what a great thing to wake up to!!! I had planned on working today, but it looks like I'm gonna have to go to the hospital because my face just melted! I can not thank you enough GS team for all your hard work and effort you put into this software. Looking forward to the great new features down the road!

- Alex
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Target Practice Template
    Custom Soundtracks and Sound Effects For Sale
    Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
    Mac Mini For SALE!!!
  • MiloThreeMiloThree Member Posts: 3
    Now, this is what I call forward thinking and I am eating my words. This makes me a GameSalad convert. HTML5 - Now this is kick ass.

This leaves Corona coughing from the dust.

Milos
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    why take on another task when the one at hand is not fully resolved... , very disappointed in the direction that GS seems to be going. Seems like instead of aiming to be the best mobile application provider, the aim seems to be the best game content provider(there's nothing wrong with that though)... I feel like I'm on the wrong boat here.... a very costly mistake... $499 to be exact. with the new HTML 5 adding to the juggling I wonder how long it'll take to see more mobile platform based improvement. The problem with web based game is, people don't pay a whole lot for it, because alternative is highly accessible. In order for GS to make money, I believe, you guys should focus on one thing and one thing only. To become the best mobile platform creation provider PERIOD, and it's not even that hard for you guys.. there's only a handful of competitors out there. 1 to be exact who is capable of competing with GS, but anyways who am I to make any comment. Good luck GS, and please don't take it as offensive, I've spend my time and effort to make this comment to hope that you'll just hear from the different side of the story... and sometimes in order to grow even stronger you need to take in the bitter pills as well.

P.S. nothing wrong with HTML 5, it's a great platform, all I'm saying is that there is no Gold in those hills..

P.P.S. & Yes, kudos to the hard working developers, GS is indeed an innovative idea.. and I do love it to death. otherwise i wouldn't bother to spend time making such long and sour comment.
  • maniraptormaniraptor Member Posts: 81
    Adding HTML5 publishing to GS is prodigiously great news, just on its own.

But I'm extra psyched, because I've wanted to be able to embed published projects in non-Safari browsers for ages. I have a ton of uses for the feature: everything from demo levels for App Store games, to rapid-dev newsgames, to experimental gameplay "toys", to games-as-presents for friends & family who still inexplicably refuse to drink the Apple Kool-Aid, LOL.

Thanks so much to the dev team for all their hard work to make this happen!

^_^