Help IAPs rejected by Apple

Comments

• DonaldoukDonaldouk Member, PRO Posts: 63

Looks like I'm not the only one then, so when is the 11.0.7 available?

• stueynetstueynet TorontoMember Posts: 166

@Donaldouk said:
    Looks like I'm not the only one then, so when is the 11.0.7 available?

11.0.8 came out 2 days ago

My Latest GS Game - Tiny Spirit
    My First GS Game - Dashing Ralph

• DonaldoukDonaldouk Member, PRO Posts: 63
    edited April 2014

ok thanks

• FetaboyFetaboy Member, PRO Posts: 191

My 11.0.7 re-submit just went to in-review. Hopefully it gets approved this time.

• william24william24 Member, PRO Posts: 143

That is great news! @Fetaboy‌ Hopefully I'll get the same great news soon!

I can also confirm that my latest build with 11.0.7 has been approved. I am submitting one with 11.0.9 today.

@stueynet said:
    I can also confirm that my latest build with 11.0.7 has been approved. I am submitting one with 11.0.9 today.

Unfortunately my in app purchases keep giving an error. It must be an iTunes thing. Wonder why they approved it though. Very odd.

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    edited April 2014

Also approved using 11.0.7 phew :)

Yet to test any IAPs out yet though. Will do in the next 24hrs, gathering all the marketing fuel first, before flicking the switch on everything.

edited April 2014

@william24 said:
    FatFish‌ did u need to make many adjustment for 11.0.7? I noticed that my universal app would need to have some graphics changed. Just curious.

Sorry, didn't see this with the thread getting buried.

Um, no changes really, it's a simple game, so nothing too drastic for a RC build to spoil. Apart from Chartboost issues i've had with 11.0.8 and 11.0.9, so I'll hold off until .10 fixes things (fingers crossed) before submitting an update. 11.0.7 feels more solid in that department.

@FatFish said:
    Also approved using 11.0.7 phew :)

Yet to test any IAPs out yet though. Will do in the next 24hrs, gathering all the marketing fuel first, before flicking the switch on everything.

Have you had a chance to test your IAP live yet? Mine don't work on any account. They work perfectly in the ad hoc build using an iTunesConnect test account. Really confused.

@stueynet said:
    Have you had a chance to test your IAP live yet? Mine don't work on any account. They work perfectly in the ad hoc build using an iTunesConnect test account. Really confused.

I hope to be checking this within the next few hours. That sounds very worrying though if true.

Anyone else getting this issue?

@FatFish said:
    Anyone else getting this issue?

So after even more testing I have also found that I am getting charged for the IAPs I am doing. This is despite the fact that it says the purchase failed. The purchase failed message is via Apple so there is something really wrong.

I also got the in-app purchased failed from Apple error. Not sure yet if I got charged.

This isn't going to be good if customers are making purchases that fail and then get charged for them. My app is also live, using 11.0.7

@Fetaboy said:
    I also got the in-app purchased failed from Apple error. Not sure yet if I got charged.

Ok now we are getting somewhere. Not to a good place but at least some light is being shed. I have an open ticket with GS support for this but I think @BlackCloakGS‌ needs to be made aware of this thread so we can coordinate the issue. So to summarize:

11.0.7 seemed to allow apps to be accepted by Apple after previous versions had been rejected as a result of IAP not working. This build works perfectly using an Ad Hoc build and testing with iTunesConnect test accounts. However once the app goes live, the IAP return the "IAP purchase failed error try again later". In my case the payments are going through my credit card anyway.

This tells me it is at least partially an Apple issue. This is because, whey would Apple send back a failed error message and then also charge the credit card. However because @Fetaboy‌ is also reporting the same issue and potentially @FatFish‌ as well, it seems likely it is also GS related.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to 'pause' in app purchases in iTunes connect, is there?

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374

Can someone clarify!! I am still using the official 0.10.4.1 beta. Does IAP work with this release? If not do I have to use the RC 0.11.?? builds?

edited April 2014

Ok quick update. I submitted a new version built on 11.0.9. I didn't really change much relating to IAP because there was nothing to change that I could think of. I requested an expedited review and it has been granted to my latest version using 11.0.9 is now being reviewed. I will keep you updated.

I will be following in your footsteps pending your outcome.

edited April 2014

Thanks for the info @‌stueynet

I've been busy getting marketing material ready today so I've not yet released my game worldwide (apart from in AUS). After hearing this news I am now a bit hesitant in doing so. If I don't hear more here, i'll try in the morning and quickly pull the game if it shows the same issue.

Very frustrating.

Update 2: Version built with 11.0.9 has been approved. Just waiting for propagation and then I will test it out.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    edited April 2014

My game just got rejected today due to unresponsive iap. I will try to resubmit.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

I am watching this thread if there is still and issue please send in a support ticket and CS will assign it to me.

@‌stueynet Any word yet on it working with the re-submit? I'm prepared to re-publish and re-submit mine tonight if all is well with 11.0.9.

@Fetaboy said:
    @‌stueynet Any word yet on it working with the re-submit? I'm prepared to re-publish and re-submit mine tonight if all is well with 11.0.9.

Unfortunately I am getting the same error on the new build. I have tickets with Developer Support at Apple. Hoping to get this figured out asap.

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted when/if you figure anything out.

edited April 2014

Submitted 2 apps with 11.0.8 and just found out both are now in review. Normally, I'm excited but can't help but be nervous since this is the fourth submission due to IAP issues. Wish me luck...

Both apps were approved but noticed that "in app purchases were not available at this time"....my ads for this free game are not visible either? Is this typical because it is just released?

@william24 said:
    Both apps were approved but noticed that "in app purchases were not available at this time"....my ads for this free game are not visible either? Is this typical because it is just released?

iAds can take up to 3-5 days to display in your app. Depending on your location etc. too.