Help IAPs rejected by Apple

Comments

• stueynetstueynet TorontoMember Posts: 166

@FuzzBuzz said:
    When i look in " About Game Salad " It tell's me that my version is 0.10.4.1 Beta and you guys are talking about 11.0.11 so i'm getting a little bit worried. And when I try to update it they tell me that i've got the latest version...

11.0.11 is a release candidate. it is a different stream than the stable build which is 10.4.1. So you will only get updates if you are using the RC.

My Latest GS Game - Tiny Spirit
    My First GS Game - Dashing Ralph

• FuzzBuzzFuzzBuzz Member, PRO Posts: 119
    edited April 2014

@stueynet said:
    11.0.11 is a release candidate. it is a different stream than the stable build which is 10.4.1. So you will only get updates if you are using the RC.

Oh ok. Thanks :smile:

• william24william24 Member, PRO Posts: 143

I also have two apps resubmitted with11.0.11 and are waiting for review. I requested expedited reviews yesterday so hopefully all goes well soon.

I can assume though that once it is all fixed that by restoring their purchase it should give them the content they purchased. Of course, we have to hope we don't alienate customers by then...

Any news??

• william24william24 Member, PRO Posts: 143

Mine are still in review...

In review soon I hope

okay guys let's keep those fingers crossed :smile:

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

@stueynet said:

Well 0.11.0.11 is a beta........oh wait....i thought 0.10.4.1 was beta. Oh ok so 0.11.0.11 is beta for the next beta and will replace the last beta. We got so many betas... Im wondering if we should come up with a new term. lets see Alpha is taken. Beta???? Beta is a term that has been molded to fit any excuse these days. Maybe we here at GS should use a new Term and we can call it Kappa? Delta? Epslon? Theta? Omega? These arent used are they?

Yes yes we will deem GS creator in its Delta Trial phase. There is no official definition for the Delta Trial. So we here at GS can make one up to fit our current needs.

• FetaboyFetaboy Member, PRO Posts: 191

Noticed .12 is out, going to publish with that now, submit and ask for an expedited review.

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120

I'm surprised none of people's expedites have gone through yet. Have any gone at least into review for anyone?

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

I'm still watch this topic and I want to some new information about that.

As 30 April,

1- if we publish with creator 10.4.1, is it still rejected with IAP system?

2- if we publish with last realese 0.12, is it working with IAP system on live app?

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

@FatFish said:
    I'm surprised none of people's expedites have gone through yet. Have any gone at least into review for anyone?

Yes mine is in review right now. Will let you know.

My .12 submission has just been granted an expedited review.

@onelasttime said:
    I'm still watch this topic and I want to some new information about that.

As 30 April,

1- if we publish with creator 10.4.1, is it still rejected with IAP system?

2- if we publish with last realese 0.12, is it working with IAP system on live app?

I'd say

1. 10.4.1 will still be rejected by Apple as I don't believed the fix has been rolled into the stable version.

2. No one has said 0.12 will fix the IAP issue, yet. I am sure we will find out in the next 24/48 hrs once those that have their app now under review will find out around then.

Hold tight :)

.11 notes say: Fixed iOS In-App Purchases returning an error on production for live apps

Just seen @william24 post about IAP working in 0.11 so all looks good :)

Happy days.

• bcwade12bcwade12 Member, PRO Posts: 19

My app was rejected today and this is what Apple had to say.....

"We found that your In-App Purchase product/s exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, the IAP to purchase coins does not function. When the user attempts to purchase coins, a Activity Indicator appears and there is no other functionality. "

Would publishing my app through the new RC fix this problem?

My .12 version is now live and I confirmed my consumable iAP works as expected.

I can confirm that version 11.0.11 IAP is working perfectly in production. For me its a consumable. Thanks @BlackCloakGS‌ and the rest of the team.

Thanks for the feedback guys ! :smile:

• DOREYGAMESDOREYGAMES Member, PRO Posts: 24
    edited May 2014

Hey, my app got rejected today with this... on iphone 5s when my game launches an IAP login box appears. Obviously I didnt make any rules for it to do this so if I publish using 0.11.0.12 will this fix this?

• wrhmediawrhmedia Member Posts: 70

Same Issue.. App rejected and received email:

We still found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 & iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically when we launch the app, a in app purchase notification appears and the app is unresponsive.

@DOREYGAMES said:
    Hey, my app got rejected today with this... on iphone 5s when my game launches an IAP login box appears. Obviously I didnt make any rules for it to do this so if I publish using 0.11.0.12 will this fix this?

Yes it would.

My app went through today and the IAP unlock like they should do now, using 11.0.11 RC.

@wrhmedia‌ That issue sounds like something else than the issue we've been discussing. Unless you submitted this using 10.4.1, if so, resubmit using 11.0.11 or above RC, perhaps?

The IAP process works for me in ADHOC the way it was designed to work but for some reason not working correctly for apple reviewer.

I will look over set up again to see if anything stands out and test again.

Thanks

Ok after checking over app set up with IAP and contacting Apple's Resolution Center they sent a screen shot showing App Store Purchase Login popup window displaying during the custom load screen at the beginning of the launch.

Why would this happen?

I do not have anything related to IAP purchase located on first scene at all. The only thing located in the initial scene is Game Center Platform Login which is set up using a simple timer. I set this up so scores automatically post to Leader Board in the app.

So does this have something to do with the issue that apple is having with app.

Is the Platform Login conflicting with IAP?

Still looking for help with issue..

Bump!

Thanks

@wrhmedia said:
    Still looking for help with issue..

Bump!

Thanks

I've not seen this happen, myself. It shouldn't trigger an IAP on the loading screen, unless you have a loading scene triggering all your bits and bobs before reaching a menu scene?

Have a look through any actors that might fire their scripts on first launch of the game, any that are hidden by going through layers in the first scene ,making sure only the ones you need are present and removing those that are not needed.

Failing that, use the latest stable release and hope it goes through or you get a different tester during your app review.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

@BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard Same issue for me using the stable build. For the first time in 9 releases, one of my games has been rejected. I expect the other two in review to be rejected too which is SO frustrating after all this waiting for a stable build.

Apple's reason:
    "When we attempted to purchase your In App Purchase an activity monitor spun for several minutes before we were presented with a purchase failed error. We were also unable to purchase any of the other IAPs or restore prior purchases."

I'll submit a bug report.

I tested an adhoc version and it worked fine.
    Also, the same game was approved for the Amazon Appstore and I've successfully made a couple of purchases.

Same with my testing in ad hoc as I successfully made purchases and app works like it was designed to work but once it goes through the app review with apple it gets rejected.

Apple sent a screen shot of issue showing app attempting to log into App Store during initial launch of app on load screen.

I'm using 0.11.13 and until issue is fixed I am at a stand still with submission of all apps with IAP until answer to issue is found.