Help IAPs rejected by Apple

Comments

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

@BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard My second game that went into review has also been rejected for this problem - the in app purchase fails and the tester uploaded a screenshot showing the Error screen I have included in the game.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@dgackey @BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard Would really like to get some insight into all this. I just submitted a plethora of games, many of which use iAds. Are we going to be seeing a surge of rejections? Are you guys familiar with what may be going on?

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

Oh, same issue and rejected by apple today ...

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

My app just got accepted. It had 4 IAP + iAds... This is getting a little weird.

• DOREYGAMESDOREYGAMES Member, PRO Posts: 24
    edited May 2014

I just got rejected again! Theres nothing in my game doing it so why is the login screen coming up? I built it with the newest version, but still getting this from apple:

'Specifically when we launched the app, a black screen appeared and a in app purchase notification still appeared. It would be appropriate to contact DTS regarding this issue'.

WHY? 3 weeks I have been trying to sort this

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Please send in a support ticket if you are having issues with IAP an we will look into it

We are looking into this issue. Thank you ever one for submitting support tickets

• joeltellingjoeltelling Member, PRO Posts: 41

I've been rejected a total of 8 times. It's getting silly at this point. in-app purchase has never worked for me. I've used 10.4.1, 11.0.13, and whatever the latest public awesome beta.

I've had apple reject because in-app purchases fail.

I've had apple reject because I get a weird itunes login box on app start (???).

@BlackCloakGS‌ I'm REALLY hoping you guys can find the fix for this. Let me know if I can provide you with any more details if that'll help.

Any more information you can get from apple would be great. Currently we can not reproduce this in house. We are going to submit an app to start a line of communication with apple to better understand why they are rejecting our apps.

@BlackCloakGS‌ I wish I had lots of great information to give you, but you know Apple, they only provide the bare minimum.

Yesterday I was getting an "SKErrorDomain error 0" when attempting an in-app purchase. That has since failed to reproduce.

I can paste the text of my latest rejection here. Unfortunately, once I do, you know as much as I do. My app is set for expedited so if you want me to try anything, we'll get a response from Apple pretty quick. Just let me know.

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, it seems we were able to purchase the In App Purchase, but unable to successfully access it. We tested on multiple devices and the same error occurred. We also noticed that sign in to iTunes notification pops up after launching the app.

The steps to reproduce are:

1) Launch app
    2) Tap In App Purchase
    3) Notification saying we have already purchased it appears and if we would like to get it for free
    4) Tap Ok
    5) Loading icon appears and begins to load
    6) After about thirty seconds a notification appears saying In App Purchase failed

Please see the attached screenshots for more information.

edited May 2014

"SKErrorDomain error 0" is a time out error where we could not contact the Apple servers

Edit:
    thanks @joeltelling this is helpful

@BlackCloakGS‌ it is? excellent. I have to break away for a bit to get some "other" work done. don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything else that I may be able to help with.

I'll check this thread when I get back to my desk, and I'll have my phone and check email while I'm away.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

Well done @joeltelling‌ - info like that could potentially help a lot of people!

@BlackCloakGS‌ I've asked Apple for any log information but I highly doubt they'll send anything.
    If you want me to ask them any questions, let me know.

I've tried testing my adhoc with the Developer Network Link Conditioner switched on in my iPad2 and set to "Very bad network" and it still worked fine. It took a long time to purchase but it was successful. I hope it's not one of those horrible intermittent bugs...

• Kid_Ninja_GamesKid_Ninja_Games Member, PRO Posts: 25

I'm getting this when submitting my app made with GS creator 0.11.0.13 --- It has happened twice and when I test it I can't reproduce the issue. Should I have no loading screen until this is resolved?

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, the application remains blank on launch.

The steps to reproduce are:

1. launch app
    2. splash screen appears
    3. followed by a blank screen
    4. no action occurs after an indefinite amount of time
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

just checking in, any more info? @BlackCloakGS‌ ?

Mine got rejected for the same reason as @Kid_Ninja_Games

update we have submitted an app to Apple still waiting to hear back

@BlackCloakGS I had submitted mine as a universal build. Not sure if everyone else has been doing the same or if it is involved in the issue.

I hope you guys can get this resolved quick.

@BlackCloakGS‌ were you able to get expedited status for that app? hope so. thanks for the update hoss. good luck.

• alfa987alfa987 Member Posts: 31

I have the same issue with ver 0.11.0.13 beta

Just submitted apple error logs to the GS team.

• wrhmediawrhmedia Member Posts: 70

Just received another rejection from Apple. This one is because black screen on launch. This app using Revmob Interstitial ads and Revmob start up ad. Worked on AdHoc but issues when reviewed.

Same 2:2 apple resolution description as with app with IAP

One of the rejections I had specifically mentioned an iTunes login prompt over the splash screen on app launch. I wonder if, for some reason, something is wrong with whatever the chosen ad provider is when it's chosen at start?

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

Any new on this? Just got a rejection for the app I submitted with in-app purchasing :-

Reasons

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

Specifically, the app does not load its content and shows an error message when we bought In App Purchase. Please see the attached screenshot/s for more information.

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

I think i've found the problem...

It's a general bug in GameSalad which maybe effecting IAP.

When you populate a field in GS you can type/paste into the field without clicking on the formula button. Sometimes that works other times is does not.

Example..

The field below I typed and pasted into and it looks fine..

But then you click on the formula button there is no actual value set...

If you then paste/type while in the formula field it sets the value correctly.

I'm presuming all of the failed IAP Apps will show this bug/problem.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Any word from GS team about this issue?

@zenoah said:
    I think i've found the problem...

It's a general bug in GameSalad which maybe effecting IAP.

When you populate a field in GS you can type/paste into the field without clicking on the formula button. Sometimes that works other times is does not.

Example..

The field below I typed and pasted into and it looks fine..

But then you click on the formula button there is no actual value set...

If you then paste/type while in the formula field it sets the value correctly.

I'm presuming all of the failed IAP Apps will show this bug/problem.

Thanks,
    Anthony

I've double checked above, all values show up correctly in the formula fields.

Thinking about getting rid of IAP from my games :neutral_face:

@iamcartez said:
    My app just got accepted. It had 4 IAP + iAds... This is getting a little weird.

What GS version have you used to publish your game?