• Custom Scene Editor WIP • Grid, Snap-To-Grid, Zoom, Multi-Select

Comments

• blorschblorsch Member Posts: 248
    Oh my. This is coming along quite well! (Say it in a british accent) ;)
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    But the idea that it's these things that are keeping GameSalad away from addressing issues with Creator is a little bit questionable given that the desperate cries for bug fixes and basic tools all pre-date things like Tizen and GameCircle, Tizen and GameCircle - and a dozen other similar projects - came along after it was long agreed that Creator needed some work. When people were first pointing out bugs and petitioning for zoom functionality Tizen didn't even exist.
    Totally agree. I really think that too. GS should work at the creator (folders, zoom in and out, etc.) before they work at amazon and android optimisations because optimisations in the creator save time! I think everyone here want to work faster and better than amazon IAP etc...

I think we think all the same. More functions, optimisations and improvements for the creator before all the android, amazon and new features stuff. But i think we have to live with what GS make....or with this third-party-tools :D
    ---
    Benjamin

• playincorporatedplayincorporated Member, PRO Posts: 18
    When does this tool come out? Add me to the list of those interested... thanks!
  • ClockClock Member Posts: 308
    "Manto1 has created something in three days that allows us to access features that we have been requesting for 3 years"

damn.... this guy should work for GS.
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    Sent you a pm :)
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited September 2013
    this is really really really really AWESOME! when does this tool come out? ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the comments :)

I'm now looking for around 10 beta testers. Here's a link to the application form: http://mantuapps.com/gscse/
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    sent you one
    Vote for the features to be added next: http://mantuapps.com/gscse/

If something's missing from the list tell me and I'll add it.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited September 2013
    Voted :-) and would love to beta test
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Am currently beta testing this and its coming along nicely, keep up the great work @Manto1
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    I applied two days ago so only voted today :)
    @Manto1 have you sent me an email for beta testing? I haven't received it or it made it to my junk folder and got accidentally deleted. I assumed you'd found 10 people already
  • hburskhbursk Member Posts: 1
    @Manto1 Hey there. I'm new to GameSalad, but I find your editor very exciting. It already has several features I had been surprised didn't exist in GameSalad. I haven't read through all the pages of comments, so this may have been mentioned already, but I'd like to see a feature for exporting your actor layouts to a table. The "one scene" approach to level building using tables seems to be pretty popular, and instead of having to hand code your table values by writing down the actor positions in from a different scene, it would be awesome to be able to modify a table in some way that you could use those values for levels.

Does that make sense? I've seen tshirtbooth's tutorial video where he uses a separate table for each actor. That might be a bit difficult to implement. I don't know if you've figured out a way to modify table values yet, but it would be really cool to be able to have an actor tied to a particular group of columns and rows for x,y, and a hand full of other selectable variables like size and rotation perhaps. Then when you have your scene the way you want it, you could export another row (level) to the table. I prefer to use rows as levels so that way you can use multiple types. When you use columns, you're tied to a single type.
    @hbursk Hi and welcome to GS Forums!

I like your idea and I know it will be useful for many people. Though, It's hard to code a table reader because everyone's tables are different. Added it on my to do list anyway.
    Thanks for voting! Layer access ( Hide, show, and lock layers ) is now in the works!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    just found my email in my junk folder... Apple Mail was being a little over zealous... Thanks Jon
    Haven't posted updates for a while, here's one:

New:
    • Added layer access
    • Fixed locked actor colors
    • Fixed rotated actors’ selection boxes
    • GUI updates

Video:

• RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    amazing!!!!!!!! =D>
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    New:
    • Added layer access
    • Fixed locked actor colors
    • Fixed rotated actors’ selection boxes
    • GUI updates

Great stuff as usual ! Good solid progress :)>-
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

It never stops getting better; absolutely terrific, @Manto1. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Thanks @Riffel @Socks @gyroscope!

Coming up next: Duplicate & delete actors.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    Thanks @Riffel @Socks @gyroscope!

Coming up next: Duplicate & delete actors.
    Fantastic !! That will open up your app to a whole world of fun !!

:)>-
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    Only just saw this - thanks!
    At the moment every single actor is just dragged on screen and then I have massive hand written tables to go in and edit the actors location to make them bang on the pixel.
    If you put the following two Attribute Change rules into each actor they will always sit on whole pixel values.

Change Attribute: self.Position.X to floor( self.Position.X )
    Change Attribute: self.Position.Y to floor( self.Position.Y )

It can be easily adjusted to snap to multiples of pixel values too, the following will snap the actor to the nearest 10 pixel grid position (140 - 150 - 160 - 170 . . . etc)

Change Attribute: self.Position.X to floor( self.Position.X /10)*10
    Change Attribute: self.Position.Y to floor( self.Position.Y /10)*10

. . . . it's a lot of extra rules (they would need to go into every actor), and you can't see what you are doing while you are laying stuff out, but it works.
    The layers panel look better than GameSalads! If you move/undock them in a future version please make sure they're only 1 or 2 clicks away, and have a short cut key :)
  • iCreationZiCreationZ Member Posts: 158
    @Manto1... THIS LOOKS EPIC!!

I've been with Gamesalad for a number of years now, and they've never been able to achieve such results so quickly! I'd almost lost faith in them before Codewizard arrived, but this tool has the potential to completely revolutionise the way we can build our games!

Suggestions:
    - Group/Ungroup objects
    - Adjust actors dimensions and rotations like you have done for their X & Y coordinates and similar to the Windows creator
    - Use the keys to move actors around the grid in variable increments

As everyone before has said, what you are producing is an incredibly valuable and sought after tool that GS users have been begging for since day one.

Keep up the good work! :)