Heads up for 1.25 release

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2016

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Currently I believe the only issue left to be finalized is the stuttering issue which they are digging into.

Th, th, th,th... that's g, g, g, good to know. :sweat_smile:

(I finally saw "The King's Speech" on Saturday.)

Would you like me to try and locate Geoffrey Rush?

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@phamtastic said:
    I understand they have 2 devs working on the 1.25 version for several months now but what happen to their communications? I don't want to start rumors of any sort but you have to wonder why there's no UPDATES.... No updates of any kind is never good.

Actually if you read through the thread, there are quite a few updates about the progress from people who are helping GS test the latest build. I know you are referring to GS staff, but...just saying.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

Yeah if the stuttering issue is not fixed .25 will be pretty worthless!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited April 2016

any idea what the stuttering is related to?

was it reproduced in a scene where the camera controller doesn't get moved?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2016

@BigDave said:

was it reproduced in a scene where the camera controller doesn't get moved?

They haven't narrowed it down yet. Codewizard is on this one as it is a tricky issue. The problem is it doesn't happen on all projects. Needle in a haystack kind of thing. They have a few sample projects that are stuttering they are analyzing.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

just change stuttering to false then release it ;)

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Just a random remark - If a version such as 0.13.33 was the best for Android, why not reverse engineer 1.24.xx down to 0.13.33 equivalency? Like REMming your way down the code to see where the issue is. I'm sure it's way more than 1,000 lines of code (duh), but the spirit remains. Plus, something has to be documented already. Just a thought.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

Yes, only stuttering issue left. I believe GS .25 will be released as soon as possible and new features are definitely great! This time, worth the wait...

edited April 2016

@mhedges said:
    Just a random remark - If a version such as 0.13.33 was the best for Android, why not reverse engineer 1.24.xx down to 0.13.33 equivalency? Like REMming your way down the code to see where the issue is. I'm sure it's way more than 1,000 lines of code (duh), but the spirit remains. Plus, something has to be documented already. Just a thought.

They can't as scanning was adjusted and that would cause ten other things fixed to break and then result in old issues coming back. this is not an option. they need to fix it there is no going back. Game salad needs to move forward not back. you waited this long for a correct build don't let your impatience screw that all up.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
    edited April 2016

I have so little knowledge about coding, so its surprising to see that adding new features came before fixing one of the problems that makes the current version unstable.

edited April 2016

@Two.E said:
    I have so little knowledge about coding, so its surprising to see that adding new features came before fixing one of the problems that makes the current version unstable.

No the issue came to light after 1.25 was in production and the issue also stemmed from timing changes done a few versions ago. You have to be aware of the timing of the issues and when actual bug reports are filled. This is why the team stresses file a bug report. They don't read the forum everyday. Posting in the forum is not a way to get a solution. You must file a bug report. If you look at the bug log the first report was in February long after 1.25 was in development. Each bug needs to be fixed, the order of what bug is fixed when ,before release, is irrelevant.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2016

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    They don't read the forum everyday. Posting in the forum is not a way to get a solution. You must file a bug report.

I get the impression they don't read the bug reports all that often too but hey ho...

If you were on the beta team you would know they do read them. This is how and where we report the bugs we find and send in sample projects. Lots of speculation from people not in the process. We tester are in the process and have been very candid. We talk with the staff via a slack team nearly everyday. We can tag them and they respond very soon after. I don't know how to communicate this more clearly than I have.

edited April 2016

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@mhedges said:

They can't as scanning was adjusted and that would cause ten other things fixed to break and then result in old issues coming back. this is not an option. they need to fix it there is no going back. Game salad needs to move forward not back. you waited this long for a correct build don't let your impatience screw that all up.

I meant it in the sense of pinpointing the issue, not watering down the build. I didn't make myself clear on that.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@BigDave said:

I seem to remeber something about it happening around the same time as the frame rate / code cycle was locked to 60fps. Might be related to that.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    I don't know how to communicate this more clearly than I have.

Mime of course !

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@KevinCross said:
    I get the impression they don't read the bug reports all that often too but hey ho...

There wasn't a bug submitted for this until a fair bit after people started complaining about the issue. Bugs generally aren't submitted by the loudest complainers.

edited April 2016

@Socks said:

@BigDave said:

I seem to remeber something about it happening around the same time as the frame rate / code cycle was locked to 60fps. Might be related to that.

I know codewizard said the camera code needed looking at and in need of a rebuild. One of the stuttering issues, related to rotation stuttering, George fixed was related to when things were drawn in the frame cycle and he fixed that issue already so it may be a case of a couple issues that are causing the overall issue. They have focused on those two points right now but a final determination has not come to light yet. Since this is the last issue all focus is on it and they should get their heads around in here soon I suspect.

I did notice a lag in sound vs video in Android ported apps (think of a sonic boom, in which you first see the jet, then hear the engines), where the iOS equivalent performed just fine. That's why I have not ported anything else yet.

• PHFIPHFI Member Posts: 3

@PhilipCC said:

When you consider that Corona has only 17 Pros, Stencyl 44 Pros, Clickteam Fusion 182 Pros, Cocos 2D 106 Pros and Unity 180 Pros...

Where did you get this information?

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited April 2016

@PHFI said:

@PhilipCC said:

When you consider that Corona has only 17 Pros, Stencyl 44 Pros, Clickteam Fusion 182 Pros, Cocos 2D 106 Pros and Unity 180 Pros...

Where did you get this information?

That is "pro's" as in "pros and cons" in reference to slant. Not subscriptions.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Currently I believe the only issue left to be finalized is the stuttering issue which they are digging into.

This is accurate.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

@dgackey said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

This is accurate.

good to know :relieved:

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2016

Can anyone confirm if the issue where tablecellvalues and variables stop updating when a scene is reloaded is fixed? @BigDave

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited April 2016

@myke66
    yes it fixed my issues for all my cookie clicker testing it in 1.25 beta
    which is nice. it is indeed a very good build that is coming.

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74

@BigDave said:
    @myke66
    yes it fixed my issues for all my cookie clicker testing it in 1.25 beta
    which is nice. it is indeed a very good build that is coming.

Fantastic news, I'm in the homestretch for an RPG type game im working on and considering almost everything is based of variables updating this had me super nervous.

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

I'm guessing @CodeWizard and @GeorgeGS feel like this right now

@dgackey said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

This is accurate.

Yes, this is what I gathered from the slack group. Thanks for the final word. GS staff have done an awesome job on this build and I think it is the best one I have ever seen!

• ETGgamesETGgames Member, PRO Posts: 190

@mhedges said:
    I did notice a lag in sound vs video in Android ported apps (think of a sonic boom, in which you first see the jet, then hear the engines), where the iOS equivalent performed just fine. That's why I have not ported anything else yet.

I can confirm the sound delay is fixed in 1.25 on android

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    I'm guessing @CodeWizard and @GeorgeGS feel like this right now

Rofl. What's that from?