GameSalad 2011 Roadmap

Comments

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    NextGenEntertainment said:
    And why is that?

Who me? I was waiting for Game Center before I launched BOT. Now that it's going to be here soon, I gotta start wrapping things up.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Is there anyway to add a "mailto:" ability in the summer edition of the roadmap? If the Url is accessible and the opening youtube app and safari app are accessible..... shouldnt it be just a lil work to allow us the ability to open the send mail window command?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Jeffnichols said:
    Is there anyway to add a "mailto:" ability in the summer edition of the roadmap? If the Url is accessible and the opening youtube app and safari app are accessible..... shouldnt it be just a lil work to allow us the ability to open the send mail window command?

check this out, you should be already able to do that:
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/behaviors_reference:open_url
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Thanks Jon.......
  • dumdumdude42dumdumdude42 Member Posts: 10
    so does this mean no Gamesalad direct!?
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    dumdumdude42 said:
    so does this mean no Gamesalad direct!?

That project was taken away a LONG time ago.

Asymptoteell

Btw, I know that brand of cheese balls. At nerd camp, I made a fake cheeseball commercial for comedy night. "Do you like Cheese? Do you like balls? We have something for you! Cheeseballs!"
  • HasifUzirHasifUzir Member Posts: 41
    Awesome! Can't wait for all of these :)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Asymptoteell said:
    That project was taken away a LONG time ago.

GameSalad Accelerator seems to remain though...
    http://gamesalad.com/accelerator
  • adam_b_ukadam_b_uk Member Posts: 50
    very excited for facebook/twitter integration and android support in the fall.

also very excited for project masala! (even though im not sure what it could possibly be)

think ill be buying pro later in the year :)
  • joshcaljoshcal Member Posts: 100
    i'm really excited too!
    adam_b_uk said:

think ill be buying pro later in the year :)

i think i'll be buying pro later in the year too :) i'm planning on spending my summer making games to raise the funds to buy it :) exciting stuff! haha

-josh
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    GS team, please make a line in the one that you have done

P.S. when will summer come?

http://www.gamesaladforum.com/
    http://gshelper.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GameSaladCookbook#p/
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    calvin its not even summer yet. So the stuff on the roadmap for the summer, will probably get here sometime when it actually is summer. I know seems crazy right
  • LandcrabLandcrab Member Posts: 9
    John-

June is considered summer in much of the Northern Hemisphere, and today is June 1st (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer#Timing).
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @calvin9403

I'll get on updating the roadmap. I was hoping to make the page a little more splashy, but that's going to have to wait.

We've got a big release coming in June and that should include a number of items that were originally slated for Spring as well as the first batch of summer features.

--Yodapollo
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Landcrab said:
    John-

June is considered summer in much of the Northern Hemisphere, and today is June 1st (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer#Timing).

sure you can "consider" the first day of june summer. But when it comes down to facts it is NOT summer yet. They still ahve 3 weeks till it even starts. And no where did they say the summer update will come the first week of summer. They still have to August at least no matter what. So no matter when you believe summer starts. You cant bitch about somoething thats coming in summer not being here, when summer isnt even over(or started for that matter) end of story
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    Yodapollo said:
    @calvin9403

I'll get on updating the roadmap. I was hoping to make the page a little more splashy, but that's going to have to wait.

We've got a big release coming in June and that should include a number of items that were originally slated for Spring as well as the first batch of summer features.

--Yodapollo

Oh please tell me one of those features is sprites! :)
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Hey Yoda,

Is one of these great features coming in the June release the famous Project Masala?

- Alex
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yodapollo said:

--Yodapollo

Exciting news. I like you just slipped that in and only a few people have noticed. LOL now no one can grip you didn't saying anything ahead of time. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________
    TEMPLATES AND PROJECT HELP BY TENRDRMER. CLICK HERE!!!

AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
    @ John
    I never say that Summer is here,I just want to know when will summer come since not all thIngs on the list is done (for spring)

Anyways, great news yoda!!!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    sure you can "consider" the first day of june summer. But when it comes down to facts it is NOT summer yet. They still ahve 3 weeks till it even starts. And no where did they say the summer update will come the first week of summer. They still have to August at least no matter what. So no matter when you believe summer starts. You cant bitch about somoething thats coming in summer not being here, when summer isnt even over(or started for that matter) end of story

Don't confuse people with facts! :)
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Yodapollo said:
    @calvin9403

--Yodapollo

Ok, I'm excited though not quite THAT excited! :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• gsmetzergsmetzer Member Posts: 31
    Im excited for the updates! Im wondering what “Layer Functions” are and if they will fix the whole camera zoom issues? Keep up the hard work.
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    Please tell us, what is included in the next update? And what is Masala!?!?!

Matt
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    I personally cannot wait for in app purchases.

Also I know this is apart of your plan, but having web deployment like yoyo games (game maker) would be awesome. But what would be even better is if we could make money from those games that would put a huge smile on my face. Team GS for the win :)
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Can't wait for the next update to come out...my fingers are crossed that its the famous Project Masala as well :) If you wanted to give us a few hints yoda, or even just confirm/deny Project Masala's involvement in the next release, that would be fantastic!!! Hope to hear from you soon!

- Alex
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Target Practice Template
    Custom Soundtracks and Sound Effects For Sale
    Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
    Mac Mini For SALE!!!
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Yodapollo said:

Hi Yoda, thanks for the update.

Will this release also fix the problems with Game Center that many reported?

i can't wait.. waking up each day hoping that it'll be the day.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    ultima said:
    i can't wait.. waking up each day hoping that it'll be the day.

The Other day TSB said they haven't even sent the sous-chefs betas yet. So don't get your hopes up for anytime real soon.
  • adam_b_ukadam_b_uk Member Posts: 50
    any word on project masala? :)
This discussion has been closed.