GameSalad 2011 Roadmap

Comments

• NeverbeNeverbe Member Posts: 117
    Android Support?
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Neverbe said:
    Android Support?

Yes, Android support will be coming in the Fall, according to the roadmap.

- Alex
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Target Practice Template
    Custom Soundtracks and Sound Effects For Sale
    Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
    Mac Mini For SALE!!!
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    so sad, i thought there was a big release in June.
  • NeverbeNeverbe Member Posts: 117
    osucowboy18 said:
    Yes, Android support will be coming in the Fall, according to the roadmap.

- Alex
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Target Practice Template
    Custom Soundtracks and Sound Effects For Sale
    Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
    Mac Mini For SALE!!!

I think that they should add this feature before of other features because all the GS "enemy" allready have android support.
    I agree, in app purchase and android support and more hardware sensor access then GS will be invincible.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    just want to ask chefs do you got your betas yet?

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    I'm just hoping the new versions of GS doesn't mess up my projects.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    dhondon said:
    I'm just hoping the new versions of GS doesn't mess up my projects.

Dont we all?
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    Massive Project Masala Discussion - http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=25774
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    I guess project masala means we can merge number of games and create one project and put it live. For example gamebox they have 40+ games in 1.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    if you think about it. you can do that now.
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    creativeapps said:
    I guess project masala means we can merge number of games and create one project and put it live. For example gamebox they have 40+ games in 1.

Project Merger.
    any words on the new update?
    are the features on the roadmap for summer still coming or just HTML 5 for now?
  • FloridaGamesFloridaGames Member Posts: 328
    Yodapollo said:
    @calvin9403

We've got a big release coming in June and that should include a number of items that were originally slated for Spring as well as the first batch of summer features.

--Yodapollo

Is this release still on schedule, because there's not a lot of june left?
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @ExplosiveApps

Our big June release was our launch of the new GameSalad Arcade as well as HTML5 publishing (aka Project Masala). The two still missing features scheduled for Spring (Image flipping and iOS keyboard) have gone through initial development, but were not able to pass QA in time for the launch of 0.9.5. They are going through more modifications and will be included as soon as they are fully tested and cleared by QA.

--Yodapollo
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Ive noticed the Roadmap link on page 1 of this post, no longer works. Can we get a updated list of the road map, Whats happened and whats listed to come. Thanks
    Jeffnichols said:
    Ive noticed the Roadmap link on page 1 of this post, no longer works. Can we get a updated list of the road map, Whats happened and whats listed to come. Thanks

Worked fine for me but heres the direct URL. http://gamesalad.com/corporate/roadmap/
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Interesting...

• GameSalad Arcade 2.0
    • Project Masala

They were both crossed out, but they're the same thing.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Project masala was exporting HTML5 projects
    Gamesalad arcde is the hosting and embedding of projects
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    Lol...

I love how iOS keyboard support and image flipping is/was scheduled for spring and its summer...
    SkyMaple said:
    Lol...

I love how iOS keyboard support and image flipping is/was scheduled for spring and its summer...

I like how you must have missed the part where they said these are targets and not guarantees.

Yodapollo even acknowledges and explains the two missing features just a few post above.
    Yodapollo said:
    The two still missing features scheduled for Spring (Image flipping and iOS keyboard) have gone through initial development, but were not able to pass QA in time for the launch of 0.9.5. They are going through more modifications and will be included as soon as they are fully tested and cleared by QA.

--Yodapollo

Your comment is one of the reasons why they never wanted to release information in the first place.
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    Lol, my bad. I dont read every post of every topic. My above post was not ment to be harmful in anyway, I just saw it and thought I'd say something... I apologize.

Btw @tenrdrmer congrats on becoming a sous chief!
    I actually think releasing information is great for us members to better plan out our development schedules so we know when things are coming. It's understandable when things don't hit targets. there are too many factors involved.. But anyway I hope the platform strives.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Any information on the update to fix the otherwise/touch release bug would be greatly appreciated. It's the only thing holding me back at this point.
    Photics said:
    Interesting...

• GameSalad Arcade 2.0
    • Project Masala

They were both crossed out, but they're the same thing.

Well not quite. The arcade has been changed. Now there are featured games, and the layout changed. Not a huge upgrade, but even if the games were played using the old GameSalad plugin, the arcade would look different.
    just saw the Facebook integration video. and I must say that Im sold on why masala was GS top priority. Looking forwards to all of the summer update.

one humble suggestion, would it be possible at all to offer white label html5 for pro members? I believe the membership we paid is well worth the trade off of advertising GS. for free members sure they should promote the platform since well it's free.. but ad+membership is a bit of double dipping. thanx guys for your consideration.
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Please tell me that GRID is in there somewhere??
    I couldn't read all 6 pages as I have a baby in one arm!
    Slowboy said:
    Please tell me that GRID is in there somewhere??
    I couldn't read all 6 pages as I have a baby in one arm!

http://gamesalad.com/corporate/roadmap/

You dont have to read 6 pages to see the road map. Just click the link.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    ultima said:
    one humble suggestion, would it be possible at all to offer white label html5 for pro members? I believe the membership we paid is well worth the trade off of advertising GS. for free members sure they should promote the platform since well it's free.. but ad+membership is a bit of double dipping. thanx guys for your consideration.

This is what separates GameSalad from being good software and being GREAT software.

The ability to export to HTML 5, without a GameSalad logo or files hosted on GameSalad.com, would make "Project Masala" a viable alternative to Flash.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Photics said:
    This is what separates GameSalad from being good software and being GREAT software.

The ability to export to HTML 5, without a GameSalad logo or files hosted on GameSalad.com, would make "Project Masala" a viable alternative to Flash.

yep.. would be a massive deal.
This discussion has been closed.