GameSalad Creator Arrives on Windows!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @scrapee_net - you've always been able to see the X and Y position of an actor. Instead of clicking, just double click. :)
  • scrapee_netscrapee_net Member Posts: 424
    @scrapee_net - you've always been able to see the X and Y position of an actor. Instead of clicking, just double click. :)
    I meant, whitout double clicking it
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    @scrapee_net - We are recording a video right now with @Coopaloops. He is our User Interface Designer and will walk the community through the UI changes with Windows Creator so you guys can see everything. Stay tuned!
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited May 2012
    2 devteam, I simply love you guys!

Now I can:
    1. Use my powerful 8-cure cpu PC, to get smooth experience while working in GS.
    2. No need to alwas switch between PC and Mac, use sharemouse software, dropbox sync and all that crap. Now I’m simply one click away from starting to work on my game.
    3. Work everywhere! I have PCs in every room, at my work, even at my village. And with windows tablet, I can work even on the bus! That is sick, in a good sense :)

And even a tiny possibility of making game for windows pc, makes me really happy.

Once again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
  • patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    @LaurenSalad i love you!!! :) ahahha
  • WTDeveloperWTDeveloper Member Posts: 352
    @tshirtbooth
    cool vid :)
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    havnt used the windows creator yet but im definitely happy about it. id much rather be using GS in Windows as I create all my artwork on a PC then i have to go over to a mac to do the GS stuff. Its a constant back and forth thing between the machines. Plus my PC is hella faster than the Mac.
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    edited May 2012
    +10 awesome @backstage

that was my exact suggestion that i made the other day. to have the rules in a seperate window next to the actors. this will greatly increase my workflow. actually addressed everything that i thought was wrong with the original UI.

i find you waste far too much time looking around for actors or going back and forth between them and opening them, to check/re-check/modify rules.

also the addition of the X/Y co-ordinates on screen greatly helps

massive improvement overall imo
  • MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    I love the new UI. Is it coming to mac soon? And will you add multiple actor selection in the scene editor?
  • youngster9youngster9 Member Posts: 326
    I don't know what to think. When I first saw this post I was extremely confused. I felt sightly disappointed because I had a feeling something new was coming and this was not as great as I thought it would be. This will probably destroy the forums though. Now every single annoying little kid in the world will be able to rip people off on the forum. I don't feel too good about this. I hope my fears won't come true.

youngster9
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    edited May 2012
    @youngster9 There will be two forums (or more like a sections) - for Mac, and Windows users. So if you don't want to - you can see only Mac topics, and don't care about Windows users.

EDITED: to not confuse anyone - there will be a PRO only section, instead. I like this idea even more :)
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    edited May 2012
    @SaladStraightShooter, good to know :) I like this idea much more, and you will be able to add another feature to Pro membership advantages - access to such forum is a great opportunity to learn advanced GS stuff :)
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    @SaladStraightShooter the serial key sent to my email is invalid. How do I sort this?
    @VeiraGames- Sorry about that. Please contact customer support (via our support form) and we will get it sorted out for you!
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    With that interface I expect productivity increasment up to 50%. So thank you once again :)
    @VeiraGames- Sorry about that. Please contact customer support (via our support form) and we will get it sorted out for you!
    Sorry where do I find this?
    The form is located in the footer of our website under: Report A Bug. All queries are sent into to our Customer Support team to investigate.
  • marksmarks Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 14
    @VieraGames

Here you go! Also, in the future, just scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Report a Bug".

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/feedback
    I can't find a way to import my mac gamesalad projects, as they look folders on windows.
    @VeiraGames make sure your email address is in the top section
    Do you mean in the creator setup? I have but left organization blank, put the serial key and get a message that its invalid. Have sent the issue to gs team so just have to wait now
    @LaurenSalad & @SaladStraightShooter - I love the new UI!
    Would it be good to start a sticky about it - what we think is good, what we think needs changing? Would you like me to start it. ;)
    Sure @Braydon_SFX. Start a thread under the new Windows categories and even feel free to embed our walkthrough video with @Coopaloops. That way people will have a dedicated place just to discuss UI changes.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    edited May 2012
    IGN made a little post about the news....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/17/cant-code-make-a-game-with-gamesalad

I wouldn't pay much attention to the comments section....several of the people who work at IGN even say that a lot of the people that comment on their articles are immature, ignorant & etc.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    I cannot wait until the UI comes out for mac. It will be amazing with dual screens!!!

Jack McGraw
    The email received says "Read our GameSalad for Windows FAQ -including how to transfer game projects from Mac to Windows."

But there is no information about this on the FAQ. Please, give us some help.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Just been having a very brief play around in the windows version.

So far.... seems pretty good.

need.....this UI on my mac ;)

Great work tho guys (and/or gals)
  • petercoupepetercoupe Member Posts: 94
    Congratulations - a really nice looking job. I will certainly run this one on my parallels desktop and see how it fares in Windows 8 (beta). On the age thing - c'mon people, some young folks really are smart (I've just retired from teaching computers for the last 20 years) but - if you don't like what someone is posting or asking just don't read or respond to it.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Just finished removing the rust on the Bootcamp partition of my MacBook :)

I absolutely love the new UI. I really want it on the Mac version also ^:)^