GameSalad Creator Arrives on Windows!

Comments

• Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    Can a game be developed on a Windows computer and then be sent over a published via a Mac?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Can a game be developed on a Windows computer and then be sent over a published via a Mac?
    If you mean that you want to make the entire game on Windows, and then send it to a Mac to publish it for iOS, or Mac OS X - it is possible.
  • scrapee_netscrapee_net Member Posts: 424
    edited May 2012
    Please, anyone from Gamesalad Kitchen answer this... How to import a gamesalad project from mac to Windows. There is nothing about this on the FAQ.
  • v00d0v00d0 Member Posts: 143
    edited May 2012
    u know if the interface in the next MAC update will be the same as windows??? cause i really don't like it. I need to buy 1 more monitor to work well with this! at least let people decide where windows should be like in PS. NO? :) anyway really great work
    Please, anyone from Gamesalad Kitchen answer this... How to import a gamesalad project from mac to Windows. There is nothing about this on the FAQ.
    Currently, game project files can only pass from Windows to Mac, not the other way around. We've already worked out a solution to this issue and it will be included with GameSalad 0.9.93 for Mac, expected to launch very soon.
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    Thanks for the repost @TheMoonwalls. We will be updating the FAQ with this information shortly. :)
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2012
    I keep getting this message every time I try to play the project. This also happens to my friends computer. Please help

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    @VeiraGames that's why I don't like Windows - there are error messages all the time, and I have no idea what they mean, or what to do to fix them :)
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    Yay, no more dropboxing graphics to my mac. My PC is also faster and I do all my design from my PC. Now I only have to dropbox to publish! :D
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    Hi, so, on the Mac Gamesalad Creator, you had to have the pro account to upload to the Android market, so my question is: Do you need a pro account to upload to the Android market if you are using the Windows Creator?

Thanks
    edited May 2012
    Hi, so, on the Mac Gamesalad Creator, you had to have the pro account to upload to the Android market, so my question is: Do you need a pro account to upload to the Android market if you are using the Windows Creator?

Thanks
    Yes. With free account you can publish only to HTML5 (using Windows Creator).

• theCodeMonsterstheCodeMonsters Member Posts: 359
    edited May 2012
    @SaladStraightShooter Just got to play around in the beta and I'm WAY excited! So I'm wondering if we're allowed to talk about the new features in here...
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Interesting...

I don't know if that is good for gamesalad, because seems like windows is everywhere( compare the osx)

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
  • theCodeMonsterstheCodeMonsters Member Posts: 359
    edited May 2012
    nvm added this comment to the win thread.
  • dubloon7dubloon7 Member Posts: 2
    the lisense key included in my beta email is not acceptable. how can i request a new beta key?
    edited May 2012
    the lisense key included in my beta email is not acceptable. how can i request a new beta key?
    Go to your GS profile settings and copy and paste your email from there. I had that problem to but the email has to be exact same with the capital and non capital letters. The license key is not the problem
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    Are we able to use macincloud.com for publishing to iOS (from windows creator) without getting in trouble with Apple?
    I keep getting this message every time I try to play the project. This also happens to my friends computer. Please help

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Is anyone else having this issue?
    edited May 2012
    *EDIT - pressed quote instead of edit

edited May 2012
    Edited: TOS issues - this process can break your project.
    @scrapee_net good stuff, only problem I cannot play anything and cause of this the creator is useless to me :(
  • dubloon7dubloon7 Member Posts: 2
    Go to your GS profile settings and copy and paste your email from there. I had that problem to but the email has to be exact same with the capital and non capital letters. The license key is not the problem
    Thank you for the advice, but I have been trying that as a second option, numerously. Lower cases fail to be recognized as well. The email is all numbers and lower cases; copying and pasting for me is the same as manually inputting each letter/number at a time, carefully looking over the case or number. Any other ideas? I emailed customer support but they will not respond until tomorrow morning at the earliest. :\
    @scrapee_net good stuff, only problem I cannot play anything and cause of this the creator is useless to me :(
    same here, even new projects created on gamesalad for windows, I can't play. Its like if the camera is not in the right position.
    same here, even new projects created on gamesalad for windows, I can't play. Its like if the camera is not in the right position.
    I keep getting an error message about some script. I miss my iMac
    @dubloon7

The serial number is fine. It's your email that's the problem, if your email is DubLoon7 don't type it like this dubloon7

That's what I kept doing but works fine once it's entered properly. If not I'm sorry if it didn't help. Hope you get it sorted :)
    For those who are getting invalid serial error.
    ---------

You should be getting this because you are forgetting to type the correct email address on the field, where it shous the Windows User.
  • AcceleratedGamesAcceleratedGames Member Posts: 201
    edited May 2012
    Gamesalad for windows looks great! I love the new UI, especially the fact that the actor
    editor, or backstage, is able to be undocked along with other windows. There is only one
    thing I would change, the rule editor. The way you edit rules is a lot more confusing and
    time consuming than in the Mac version because of how you need to drag an object from
    the conditions library instead of selecting a condition from a simple drop down menu. Also,
    I think that the place where people spend the most time in the software, which is most
    likely backstage, should stay mostly the same to eliminate any confusion or aggravation.
    Other than that, I'm glad the Gamesalad Kitchen has added Windows to its recipe.
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    No way i can create an empty file inside de projectname folder. How you make that in windows 7 cause when you make right click and chose new it give you only certain type of files... And can find the way of change the extension of the file... Can somebody explain this...
    It didnt work for me
  • PortymanPortyman Member, PRO Posts: 409
    Finally !!!!!!

Now my 8 core , 3 ghz , 32 gb ram beast will be able to roar!!!!!

Awesome news.... Any one want to buy a slightly used mini Mac.............