GameSalad Creator Arrives on Windows!

Comments

• collinE83collinE83 Member Posts: 1
    I saw a tweet that the beta was coming to Windows and signed up immediately. It's all downloaded and ready to go, but I need some tutorials. I've been making art and planning out various games for months now, but not sure exactly how to implement it all.

For now I'm just playing with it and trying to wrap my head around the whole concept... and watching the Mac videos. It's like translating to a new language. I know the Windows version is bound to change, but I'll be patiently waiting. :)
  • icecold601icecold601 Member Posts: 40
    Wow! I never thought this would happen. Now I definitely have a reason to go pro! Thanks a lot Gamesalad for giving us more development opportunities! B-)
  • brackserbrackser Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Using windows creator, can we share on Google Play?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Using windows creator, can we share on Google Play?
    You can publish Android games, but you have to purchase the Pro account.
  • aryanmannaryanmann Member Posts: 1
    I wish I get the invite codes :)
  • TooInfamuzTooInfamuz Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Thanks mam ive been waiting for it

Cant wait for the invite code!
  • jackkjackk Member Posts: 8
    Be compatible with vista and windows 7, but will be for xp? thx

great news is, I thought of buying a mac :D
  • Aleco101Aleco101 Member Posts: 3
    I downloaded the Game Salad creator on my Windows Xp but it won't launch!

Do I need Windows 7?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited June 2012
    @Aleco101, yes you do. from the Windows Creator FAQ

Q: What are the minimum specs?
    GameSalad Creator for Windows is currently supported on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. 2GB of RAM required and 4GB of RAM is recommended.
  • NtGNtG Member Posts: 103
    Wait, so you cant open your mac projects on a windows pc? That sucks if that's true because my desktop is mac and laptop is pc. :(
    edited June 2012
    Is so different from the Mac version of youtube tutorials that do not understand. . This version of Windows I think it stinks.

Where are the test game? I think a botched program: (: (with the desire I had.
    @NtG,
    you will be able to eventually, but not right now. You should be able to once the versions match features.

@jackk
    people have been making those mac tutorials for years, the windows version has been out for like 6 weeks. it is going to take some time. Plus, this windows is in beta to test out it's functionality, there is a reason you have to sign up to access it, it's not really ready for someone to be using professionally. It is in beta for a reason.

All that being said, if you follow the mac tutorial videos the concepts will be exactly the same, so it should be easy to follow along with some limited thinking.
    edited June 2012
    You mean you have to take several years to do the same on mac?
    I'll have to buy a Mac, to do something decent: (

The interface is too crappy in windows, I doubt that in windows you can create a decent game:
  • PixeroPixero Member Posts: 1
    I'm a new Game Salad Windows user with a first impression/question:

I can't seem to find any default templates. When opening the dashboard (which takes a long time) all I can see are some templates from users. Nothing happens when clicking the default, shared or purchased buttons. The Buy more templates button doesn't seem to do anything either.
    With the browser I went to your website and purchased a couple of templates to try but haven't yet figured out a way of accessing them since the Dashboard doesn't seem to work.
    Any help would be appreciated.

(I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit by the way.)
    I think they said in another thread tht the templates are not available in the windows version yet. Remember, this is a real beta test, not googles definition of a working beta. I think it's going to take a. We releases before the windows and macs version are in sync.
  • QueballXQueballX Member Posts: 1
    I'm a new Game Salad Windows user with a first impression/question:

I can't seem to find any default templates. When opening the dashboard (which takes a long time) all I can see are some templates from users. Nothing happens when clicking the default, shared or purchased buttons. The Buy more templates button doesn't seem to do anything either.
    With the browser I went to your website and purchased a couple of templates to try but haven't yet figured out a way of accessing them since the Dashboard doesn't seem to work.
    Any help would be appreciated.

(I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit by the way.)
    I have the same issue as Pixero

Also on Windows 7, 64 bit and cant wait for the updates
  • fabzain013fabzain013 Member Posts: 13
    Hi all, I am a new user ... I downloaded yesterday windows version after trying for a few days the mac but I find myself with a completely different interface and many problems: one, for example, when dowload my drawing and I am the actor, 2 times out of 3 do not dramatized ... ve lo from you this problem? Other times, however, when I put an actor in the screen, oddly enough in the preview is completely decentralised ... even changing the size with the handles, get to make this mistake and the location where it seems to him on the screen and it is beautiful.

I think I will go back to using the mac version which I think is much cleaner graphically and also more stable but I hope that soon these issues.
  • diverdowndesignsdiverdowndesigns Member Posts: 25
    Hi all, I am a new user ... I downloaded yesterday windows version after trying for a few days the mac but I find myself with a completely different interface and many problems: one, for example, when dowload my drawing and I am the actor, 2 times out of 3 do not dramatized ... ve lo from you this problem? Other times, however, when I put an .
    GameSalad is using the Windows version of the creator to test out interface changes so thats why there is a lot of differences between the two.
  • fabzain013fabzain013 Member Posts: 13
    GameSalad is using the Windows version of the creator to test out interface changes so thats why there is a lot of differences between the two.
    Actually not much difference ... maybe too much, I wonder how they ever conceived so differently. On MAC the interface worked fine ... you couldn't have the same graphics on Windows? Mah :)
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited June 2012
    Invalid path?

Change Attribute/Motion/linearVelocity/Y

Also i cant preview as i get a script error :(

Darren.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    edited June 2012
    I actually have to agree -- I can't stand the interface in the Windows version. I'm in the minority though, it seems.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Cheers Jon will do that now (on my girlfriends laptop been a while since i used windows) :)

Darren.
  • Tkat5200Tkat5200 Member Posts: 2
    I need tutorials..the ones i'm finding look nothing like the windows version and its throwing me off #-o
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @Tkat5200 - I'm sure GameSalad will put some tutorials up, but I don't think that's the priority at this time.

I'd love to do tutorials, but I just don't have the time.
  • lanmindlanmind Member Posts: 29
    Is the expression editor missing from the Wnidows beta?

I noticed in some images that the Mac version has definitions for certain particulars of GS. Will this be coming to the Windows beta soon?

What can we expect of v 9.93 for the Windows beta? A new UI?

• lanmindlanmind Member Posts: 29
    Has anybody else had issues with the GS Windows Beta becoming sluggish? Mine has especially when moving, opening and closing the drag & drop rules plus behaviors. Also when renaming them

I'm running Windows 7 on a 64bit AMD machine with 6gb of ram
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    edited June 2012
    I can't stand the interface in the Windows version. I'm in the minority though, it seems.
    @JustMe74

I have to agree. I can't really stand the Windows version... I'm just too much of a mac type of guy to like the windows version.

Jack
  • xcoxco Member Posts: 2
    Please CAN we get GAMESALAD for windows XP!!! PLEASE!!!
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    edited June 2012
    Please CAN we get GAMESALAD for windows XP!!! PLEASE!!!
    No way, XP is no longer supported by Microsoft.