GameSalad Creator Arrives on Windows!

Comments

• IncinIncin Member Posts: 40
    I'm loving this pc version. I enjoy Gamesalad on the mac as well, but having this on my i7 with 9gbs of ram just well destroys my mac mini :) Great work Gamesalad keep it up!
  • heathccheathcc Member Posts: 113
    Wild success for Gamesalad means we all win, and hopefully support for a much bigger platform base will bring in more and more resources to be directed to good stuff.

• PortymanPortyman Member, PRO Posts: 409
    Does the windows version support tables?
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    edited May 2012
    @tshirtbooth
    one thing i do NOT like is when you add an image to an actor it does not take on the size of the image. So you have to know the size of the image ahead of time and tell the actor what size to be. That is a real pain in the a$$
    I completely agree with you there. It is very annoying making a game prototype with to images, then importing a bunch of images at once...

Jack McGraw
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Just installed it on my girlfriends pc.
    The new interface is great! As said before this will save a lot of time.
    I can't get the preview (play button) to work but I don't even know what version of windows I am on so guess that is the problem. ;) It gives a script error of some kind (I won't bother you with the Dutch info. Haha!
    Can't wait to have this interface on mac.
    Great work guys from GS!!
  • GautamLawyerGautamLawyer Member Posts: 11
    WOW!! AWESOME WORK GS TEAM!!! :)
    I m agree with you dear, it's a nice work.........
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Finally !!!!!!

Now my 8 core , 3 ghz , 32 gb ram beast will be able to roar!!!!!

Awesome news.... Any one want to buy a slightly used mini Mac.............
    You will need your Mac to publish iOS games, so maybe don't sell it :P

• OmenaboOmenabo Member Posts: 121
    This is nice!
  • GameTeamOneGameTeamOne Member, PRO Posts: 88
    Don't know if anyone else saw this on GameTrailers.com but there is a great interview with Jonathan Hunt, AKA Yodapollo:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/no-coding-gamesalad/730243
  • MSStudiosMSStudios Member Posts: 54
    This is fantastic, considering the speed of my Mac Mini was bothering me (and I also used Gamesalad on it), so I sold it and got a much better spec'd PC for a slightly higher price. Can't wait to run GS on it.
    Just 1 issue, I signed up for the beta, and it says I have an invalid serial key? I tried signing up again with a different email address, and still the same error?
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    Rename the folder to ProjectName
    Open it, and inside, create a empty file called ProjectName.gsproj

Open gamesalad creator, and go to file, open.
    It sould work.

All scenes and actors were loaded. Despite this, somethings didn't work right with my game. But no problem, its a beta.
    -------------------
    Same here. It works, but game doesn't.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    We whipped up a quick walkthrough of the new UI:

New UI looks good. Looking forward to when you add it to mac GS.
  • JoeMeisterJoeMeister Member Posts: 602
    GS has switched over to the Dark Side.
  • OmninormOmninorm Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I doubt if you know but, the vast majority of games created be it on PC, MAC, Console gets created mainly on Windows machines Epic, Crytek, Blizzard, Bioware etc etc. - so to say that it will just bring kids is rather silly imho.

I'm a Windows user as well as an iPad and Android user.
    The more development applications and engines become cross platform for PC and MAC the better for all of us, indie game creators, gamers and the companies that make them.

Anyway, I can't wait to try GS. Been looking at it a few weeks ago and saw it's MAC only then moved on. Pleasantly surprised when my friend just gave me the link to the announcement.
    @saladstraightshooter
    Yes, But that being said look at the cost of your regular "windows" machine and look at the cost of your regular "mac" the one thing that barricaded "kids" away from flooding these forums with "Will you publish my game to iOS for school project" and "Can I publish your template and art and make money from it?" was the price of these machines... Because the regular "child" can't afford a $1000 dollar machine.. I think thats what FBS is trying to say...
    And yes per se to the forum rules.. They still stand but however..
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Grrr... still waiting on my instructions email.

Now at least I can refer those aspiring game designers to a PC version of GameSalad rather than a third party. A great move, but I do want to see some love come back to the long time Mac crowd in a serious update! :>
  • MSStudiosMSStudios Member Posts: 54
    @MSStudios - please stop posting in this thread regarding an invalid key - your question has been moved to here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/43772/getting-an-invalid-key-error#latest
    Apologies, I thought my internet was acting up, and my comments weren't going through. Again, apologies.
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    Mail sent for the windows client, when do we recieve it? :P can't wait to put my PC to good use.
  • ogritogrit Member Posts: 7
    I can't wait to get my chance to try this! I used stencyl but I can't get created a turned based strategy game with it! I saw in the forums here that people actually have answers for questions! So hurry ship me a copy.
  • arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Member Posts: 159
    Its working nice on my win7 machine - like most aspects of the new ui mainly stuff that improves workflow.

The image loading into actor size thing should be how it is in the mac creator and others have said about this - i am also not keen on the organisation of rules/behaviours. You should add the ability to make your own custom tab of 'mostly used' or 'favourite'.

Can i add that in the dashboard none of the buttons at the bottom do anything when you click on them i.e cookbook / wiki / etc

Win7 64bit Core i5 8GB ram

Im looking forward to being able to transfer projects because my main PC (and ive been pc boy since i was putting them together myself in 1995/1996) has got all my software like photoshop/illustrator and its in my studio so its got all my audio gear/speakers etc.

Before i was making assets on my PC then transferring to my macbook pro (which i bought specifically for making iOS games with GameSalad... and for some XCode projects like cinder and iSO apps and for coding with syphon/quartz composer)

So in this case it benefits me for workflow greatly.
    still waiting to get a copy of it :(
  • lory99lory99 Member Posts: 3
    can someone tell me where I can download gamesalad creator for windows, I have already registered and I have already logged on. I am Italian so maybe I did not understand but the home page of the site say that you uscoto gamesalad creator for windows but I do not know how to install it or where to download it. can someone help me please.
  • lory99lory99 Member Posts: 3
    I am registered to gamesalad creator windows 1 hour ago from what I can download gamesalad creator for Windows (I'm Italian)
    @lory99 - Perdonate la traduzione povera. Si dovrà attendere che il codice da inviare a voi dal nostro team. Non sono accettati automaticamente nella open beta.
    Wow, you're a polyglot SSS :)
  • SolidSnivySolidSnivy Member Posts: 1
    Oh My god,
    I don't know what to think of this... This means more business for GS, But it also means some of the windows crowd...
    I don't know I half like and half dislike this :)
    I have no idea what to think of this.. I guess it means we get even MORE kids ;)
    ------
    But again thanks GS team for pushing the development race forward and accelerating with your product :)
    What's wrong with people who have a PC? We're not like pretentious jerks just because we have a black box that says Dell on it.
    Oh My god,
    I don't know what to think of this... This means more business for GS, But it also means some of the windows crowd...
    I don't know I half like and half dislike this :)
    I have no idea what to think of this.. I guess it means we get even MORE kids ;)
    ------
    But again thanks GS team for pushing the development race forward and accelerating with your product :)
    What's wrong with people who have a PC? We're not like pretentious jerks just because we have a black box that says Dell on it.
    Hi mate!
    I think that Leonard had something different on his mind: to use GameSalad you had to buy a Mac computer (it is a huge investment if you don't own a Mac). If you are ready to invest this kind of money, that means that you have ambitions, and you are mentally ready to join serious game developing business.
    Most of people owns a PC computer, and as GS is available for Windows, you don't have to make big investments to start making apps with GS (I'm not counting GS Pro membership, because it's very cheap), so there will be many "game maker-wannabes", kids who want to play in a game designer, and others.
    This doesn't mean that they won't be serious enough to develop games professionally (I'm sure that there will be many serious devs using a PC), but logically there will be higher percentage of "game maker-wannabes", and kids.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Um... Everyone seems to have their hands on the windows creator, but I signed up a while ago and never got an email... Little help?
    fingers crossed for my copy soon :P Really want to try out the new UI
  • mdtajghorimdtajghori Member Posts: 24
    Great news!
  • aindovinaindovin Member Posts: 6
    Well, I am DEEPLY interested in using the Windows Beta. Currently I am programming HTML5 in JavaScript and have already made 3 small demos this past year and working on my fourth.

I currently have limited time and funds (and by limited time meaning only after work).
    I'd LOVE to give this a spin.

Is there anything one can do to increase the chances the getting a 'spot'?

I also do tech editing on the side and book reviews. I'd happily review the documentation or anything.

I've played quite a few of the demos and it looks REALLY cool.
  • FjantIncFjantInc Member Posts: 115
    Yeah, hoping for a chance to try the Windows version as well. I'm not on my macbook that often, my Windows machine is my main one. And I'm doing all the graphics on it aswell, so it would be really sweet to work on the same machine with everything. Might give me the kick in the ass to continue with my small projects =) The new UI looks sweet!