GameSalad Creator Arrives on Windows!

Comments

• bren7bren7 Member, PRO Posts: 42
    I'm very interested in the Windows GS version, too. I use Windows 90% of the time and would appreciate GS in that environment, so much. I signed up on Saturday and I'm still waiting for an email, too. I hope to get one soon!
  • iScetiScet Member Posts: 30
    A hackintoshers dream this is I would assume! ;)
    This is awesome news as my Mac Air exploded on me a few months ago :( looking forward to it! And finally finishing some of my projects that I had to recover from my hard drive!
    Gimme gimme ;)
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    I think they r not releasing to everyone who request, yet to get mine still after 4 days. :(
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    edited May 2012
    I accapted to the closed beta finally!!!
    Will try it out as i'm home :)

EDIT:Can I install the creator on so many pc i want with my serial code or just once?!
    ---
    Benjamin
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    @Bemjamin_m5 I read on another thread that the key is valid only on one machine.

hmm do the rest of us who have never get any reply nd to send mail again?
  • aindovinaindovin Member Posts: 6
    Wonderful. Got my link last night! Can't wait to put it through it's paces.
    Cmon Beta... ;)
  • lory99lory99 Member Posts: 3
    I am registered and I have gamesalad creator for windows how can I do? (sorry my English is not correct, but I'm Italian)
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    Ok...tested the creator a little bit. But i can't save any projects...when i click save as, i save it on my desktop. Then i close the creator and want to open the saved file, but i can't!!!
    ---
    Benjamin
    edited May 2012
    how long after u guys receive the link after sending mail?? I'm a bit impatient and anxious to try out :P
  • NettekovenGamesNettekovenGames Member Posts: 88
    how long after u guys receive the link after sending mail?? I'm a bit impatient and anxious to try out :P
    I received mine in like 2 hours, after they released it
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @GLGames -
    @GLGames - As I said, they're sent in batches...patience. Sending again won't change anything - in fact, it might put your email at the back of the line. :P
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @themoonwalls @soldsnivy
    What the moonwalls stated is exactly what I meant, I was NOT being derragotory to PC users, As stated if you invest in a Mac just for game developing, Then it is for sure if your willing to spend that sort of money that you have ambitions straight however, with pc's because of the low price point it could mean that we're just gonna get game dev wanna be's and template publishers.....

@themoonwalls
    Dziękuję za wyjaśnienia, co i wego :)

Oh My god,
    I don't know what to think of this... This means more business for GS, But it also means some of the windows crowd...
    I don't know I half like and half dislike this :)
    I have no idea what to think of this.. I guess it means we get even MORE kids ;)
    ------
    But again thanks GS team for pushing the development race forward and accelerating with your product :)
    What's wrong with people who have a PC? We're not like pretentious jerks just because we have a black box that says Dell on it.
    Hi mate!
    I think that Leonard had something different on his mind: to use GameSalad you had to buy a Mac computer (it is a huge investment if you don't own a Mac). If you are ready to invest this kind of money, that means that you have ambitions, and you are mentally ready to join serious game developing business.
    Most of people owns a PC computer, and as GS is available for Windows, you don't have to make big investments to start making apps with GS (I'm not counting GS Pro membership, because it's very cheap), so there will be many "game maker-wannabes", kids who want to play in a game designer, and others.
    This doesn't mean that they won't be serious enough to develop games professionally (I'm sure that there will be many serious devs using a PC), but logically there will be higher percentage of "game maker-wannabes", and kids.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @saladstraightshooter
    Sorry - My apologies, was just replying to the users comment
    Hey guys... Just letting ya know that I am in batch número nexto. ;) So ya ;)
    But just finished my setup for Dual boot... Excited to get started on some work and publishing ;) Such an exciting year for GameSalad so far! :)
  • perfectanswerperfectanswer PRO Posts: 121
    Awsome news :D
    GS-Team, you guys suprise me again this year with this news. Absolute amazing stuff.
    (Fall again in love with GS ;) )
  • BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
    How do you export a game from mac to windows?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    How do you export a game from mac to windows?
    You can't.
    Currently, game project files can only pass from Windows to Mac, not the other way around. We've already worked out a solution to this issue and it will be included with GameSalad 0.9.93 for Mac, expected to launch very soon.
  • JoVeJoVe Member Posts: 224
    But isn't a idea to publish windows games. That would be very nice for a larger audience.
  • ArmsArms Member Posts: 1
    I'm grateful to wait, thanks for the the GameSalad team effort, hoping to create games under Windows ~
    I'm a young lad still on .91 or something like that of gamesalad... pre gamesalad taking out the GameSalad logo and adding the PlayHaven or whatever... anyways... can I work on projects in the Windows Creator and open them in the pre PlayHaven version of GameSalad I have on my mac side?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I'm a young lad still on .91 or something like that of gamesalad... pre gamesalad taking out the GameSalad logo and adding the PlayHaven or whatever... anyways... can I work on projects in the Windows Creator and open them in the pre PlayHaven version of GameSalad I have on my mac side?
    As far as I know, you still can publish projects with old GS version.
    And so far, you can't open Mac projects in Windows Creator.
  • RubiyoooRubiyooo Member Posts: 163
    Spanish translation of this news for unofficial spanish forum http://gamesalad.es/index.php/topic,182.0.html ;)
  • FjantIncFjantInc Member Posts: 115
    Got the beta today. Can't find anything in the email where we can give feedback on this. Or will there be a dedicated thread for it? Love the new interface, but there are some workflow things I would like to address.
  • mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    Wow haven't been here in ages :)

Really glad this happened which means i can now delete my frustrating hackintosh software and gain my precious 60 or so GB's :)

I really hope that flash game websites start HTML5 because I hate working with stencyl there community is half-rate compared to this community.

But yea! Thanks Gamesalad
  • aindovinaindovin Member Posts: 6
    i so wish this was for XP !!!
  • KnepherKnepher Member Posts: 4
    Yeah I'm trying to test Gamesalad on windowns, but it is very difficult since I can't reopen any of my projects. I already said that in a couple of topics, but I'm not sure if it is the easiest way to do a feedback...
  • Aleco101Aleco101 Member Posts: 3
    This is awesome! Now I can make games on my PC!
  • Cyclone90Cyclone90 Member Posts: 1
    I was so excited to use Creator for Windows because I have experience with drag and drop interfaces for PC (Scratch) and also because I don't own a Mac. But I didn't read the forum and accidently installed on XP instead of 7. So I tried to install on my 7 but my antivirus detected a "harmful file" and deleted Installer whereas I had the same antivirus on XP and that didn't show. HELP!