Release 0.11.0.13 Stable Mac is now available

Comments

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Is this the official Release of 0.11?

Or is this the latest Release Candidate?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@FINNBOGG said:
    Is this the official Release of 0.11?

Or is this the latest Release Candidate?

official release

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

I thought there were going to be new templates to tinker with...no?

• aussiefazaussiefaz Member, PRO Posts: 86

Hi GS Team, just so you know, when clicking the button after signing the app to open application loader, it never opened it. Had to go and open it manually

Download UfoBlaster on the iTunes store

• CriticalGamesCriticalGames Member Posts: 45

Well, the update and new features sounds great, so good job getting it out GS team!

Unfortunately, almost every single image in the games I've made doesn't work anymore. They're all .png, but they display as ridiculously bright and over-saturated. I'm presuming that this is because I use Paint.net for most of my images, and it's not one of the supported applications.

I'm confused as to why this has suddenly become an issue, despite being fine with previous versions of Gamesalad, but until it's fixed I'm stuck on 0.10.4.1. Hopefully that might be in the near future =)

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

Great News!!! and thank you GS!!!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2014

@CodeWizard

I've spotted one (inconsequential) bug, not sure it can even be called a bug, more of an oversight . . . .

After updating 10.4 - 11.0.3 still refers to itself as 10.4 . . . . so the icon in the dock is called 'GameSalad 10.4' - when you start up it says 'GameSalad 10.4 wants to use your keychain . . .' etc etc.

(And yes, I'm definitely looking at 11.0.3, new features and all :) )

Besides that . . . . it's looking great, can't believe so many little annoying bugs are now gone !! :)

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Wohooo!! Great work guys!! :smiley:

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374

Great job!! Any docs on the new features yet?

• EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451

Wow excellent work guys! :smile:

Just one question tho, are revmob and chart boost full screen ads, banner ads, or do we get a choice?

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

Oh hell no... Just checked, and ALL my images were made in Photoshop CS6 with 8bit. Damn it.

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2014

@Socks said:
    CodeWizard

I've spotted one (inconsequential) bug, not sure it can even be called a bug, more of an oversight . . . .

After updating 10.4 - 11.0.3 still refers to itself as 10.4 . . . . so the icon in the dock is called 'GameSalad 10.4' - when you start up it says 'GameSalad 10.4 wants to use your keychain . . .' etc etc.

(And yes, I'm definitely looking at 11.0.3, new features and all :) )

Besides that . . . . it's looking great, can't believe so many little annoying bugs are now gone !! :)

Probably have to convert them all. 8bit support has been removed. (right?)

I'm going to have to go ahead and say that it was NOT a good idea to remove such a HUGELY used color mode, despite its negativeness. Should of gave the programmer a choice, making 16 & 32 bit the better choices of course, but still supporting the 8 bit stuff as well. If I'm missing something here, then please excuse my post entirely.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Hey guys. Where is the Network Send Table To URL : Behavior at? I am a Pro user however I do not see it in GameSalad. I Updated to the new Game Salad.

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

I just discovered how to do it. Just switch the multiplayer tab on the Project info page to My own Sever. Thanks GS! :

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@robertkdale‌ , you need to check "Multiplayer" on the main project page to activate the networking features.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

Finally its here! however, I cant open RC builts with it. Is it possible to open them?

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

Got it, just changed the extension to .gameproj

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

@BlackCloakGS @TaoOfSalad‌

so from reading through the graphics update/PNG threads it appears the changes to support for 8 bit PNGs have come about through the way GameSalad batches together it's images into sheets that allow for faster processing and give an ingame speed boost. Sounds nice.... Apart from the trade off that now seems to give reported increased app sizes and longer load times than the previous stable release..... I'm not sure that equates to an overall gain? Seems like one step forward, two steps backwards. Three steps backwards if you include breaking/not supporting one of the most widely used graphics formats that previously worked fine.

In the other threads it keeps mentioning dropping support for exotic, non standard PNG formats. That sounds ok.... Until you consider that Photoshop PNGs can hardly be called exotic or non standard. It's probably THE most used graphics editor in the world, and 8 bit PNG format exported from it is one of the most widely used formats in mobile game development. For you to call or label Photoshop 8 bit PNG as non standard or exotic, is just bonkers and unbelievable..... It is one of the most used PNG formats in the world.

So again.... I say it's a massive step backwards. You've introduced complication and errors to the image creation/import pipeline that really weren't needed. You've broken something that previously was supported fine... And it's not a small issue.

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226

Am I supposed to see "Revmob" and "Chartboost" in the services tab in home? Because there I only see PlayHaven?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Woohoo!

• mastermindsmasterminds Member, PRO Posts: 44

Really Not happy with this update! All my apps are ruined because of that png problem!

this is why it is important to always take a look at the upcoming beta releases! these image changes were introduced and talked about weeks ago.

• mastermindsmasterminds Member, PRO Posts: 44

@jonmulcahy said:
    this is why it is important to always take a look at the upcoming beta releases! these image changes were introduced and talked about weeks ago.

It is easy talk for you! You don't need to convert all your images on your apps, so you can talk easy! On other gamesalad versions png worked just fine without any problem, I expect when a new version comes out that everything still works fine without any problem! I don't have 3 or 5 apps I have allot of apps everytime when I need to update a app I need to convert png this will cost me everytime more and more time!

With the images guys, I just republished mine to see how they'd work and they were fine.

I saw one of the guys mention testing it first before going to the trouble of updating all the images, just in case you don't have to go that far

BTW I posted another thread about portrait option not being available for android or kindle now, was that something that happened with this release?

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

So are we getting Support for png 8 in feature or not ?? Or no more png 8 forever...please conform..so that we plan according to that...my game is increase in size from 20mb to 200mb

• joshuanewton@live.co.ukjoshuanewton@live.co.uk Member, PRO Posts: 17

Awesome work!

• Skyrocket_EntertainmentSkyrocket_Entertainment Member Posts: 206

It should has feature " Disable Loading Wheel "
    I turn it off, so i can use my own indicator on each scenes.

@masterminds said:
    It is easy talk for you! You don't need to convert all your images on your apps, so you can talk easy! On other gamesalad versions png worked just fine without any problem, I expect when a new version comes out that everything still works fine without any problem! I don't have 3 or 5 apps I have allot of apps everytime when I need to update a app I need to convert png this will cost me everytime more and more time!

Actually i will have to convert all my images, on all 21 apps I have published on the iOS, Kindle, Google, Nook, Windows8 and Tizen app stores.

The point was, there has been a public, ongoing discussion about this change since early april. On the 17th there was this post going into details on why it was changing:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/67358/let-s-talk-about-image-formats/p1

@aussiefaz said:
    BTW I posted another thread about portrait option not being available for android or kindle now, was that something that happened with this release?

AFAIK, orientation for android builds is handled on the app side, not the publishing side like for iOS.