Release 0.11.0.13 Stable Mac is now available

12345679»

Comments

• pixelknightspixelknights Member Posts: 68

Thanks Jon, just updated and GS is so kind as to make a backup of old verison as well :)

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    edited May 2014

I've hesitated reporting something because I'm sure it's my fault. My preview is doing some weird things, haven't seen it yet in ad-hoc. Sometimes it will load images, other times it won't.

I have a fullscreen actor that is set to fade in out from transparent to black and back again. That's the only thing it does. When the actor doesn't load properly it will not show it fading in and out. Randomly, when a score is made, it will change to the score actor's image a split second and then disappears because it's suppose to be transparent. I can't find anything that would cause it, so I can't really recreate it for you.

Just thought I'd mention it because there's no link between the actors and the actor displaying the image has no image itself.

I'm sorry if this is super vague.

• iPaveliPavel Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2014

Anyone noticing really huge decrease in performance in Android apps published with 0.11.0.13?
    I just uploaded my new APK and the game runs really slow compared to the light speed performance of the previous build with 10.04.1... With no significant changes to the code.

The worst part is, I don't have a backup of my project and I cannot publish again with the older version :(

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2014

@pixelknights‌ said:

Is it possible to have 11.0.13 and 10.4.1 installed side by side on OSX? I have a game submitted to app store in 10.4.1 but am keen to start tinkering with 11.0 but dont want to have to submit using 11.0 becuse of the bugs being reported. Is there any way to have both installed?>

Yes. I have 10.4.3 and 11.0.13 installed.
    All you need to do is append the app name GameSalad .app (in the Applications folder) with something so it won't get overwritten when you download 11.0.13. I just changed it to "GameSalad10.4.app".

Then after download renamed the latest one GameSalad 11.0.13.app" so they are clearly distinguishable.

@pixelknights Another tip: after you download the newest version of GS and rename both, delete any GS Alias you have in the dock. Drag out the two new GS icons from the Applications folder to the dock and place them well separated by other icons. This way you will know that the one at the top is the latest. Don't double click project files to launch them, instead drag them to the dock and place on top of the GS version you want to use.

edited May 2014

Is there a technique or a way to copy a Scene from one GS project and paste/add it to another project? I assume that the same actors, with the same names and attributes, would need to already exist in the new project you are pasting to? (I tried the obvious copy/paste that works from most Mac application to another, but it doesn't work with GS.)

I saw Thunder_Child's post on: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/67943/merging-projects-or-exporting-scenes, but no-one has commented since.

Okay, I have already resolved the question of merging GS projects.

I contacted Darren @DeepBlueApps and told him of this thread and he confirmed for me that the GS Merger Tool works with both 0.10.4 and 0.11.0.13. So I just downloaded it. Great huh?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@CodeWizard‌ @BlackCloakGS‌

I've been working with the new text display behaviors a lot in my new game, and I love them, but I think I found a bug. If you check the 'wrap text' option, it ignores the Y position attribute entirely. The X position attribute will adjust the position of the text, but it doesn't adjust the wrap, so it appears off screen. I'm more concerned with the Y value. I want my text to wrap in the center of the actor, but that's not what happened.

I'm going to submit a bug report on it.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

I am getting mad with Gamesalad from more than one month no IAP,All my apps rejected by apple ,Most of the time Gamesalad creator not connecting showing error "ERROR. A server with the specified hostname could not be found" "connection time out" Please...please....please....do something

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

Maybe it's been already said; the text looks much better.
    Amazing what nice text changes the feel of the app.

Please, please more text control. It really makes a big difference.
    More paragraph and character control.

Thanks for the change.

Any updates on Apple Rejection In-App Purchase ?

@CodeWizard‌ @BlackCloakGS @ForumNinja From 1 and half month ( 45 days )Another week passing no updates no fixes for IAP rejections from Apple :(

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@madhanlab We got a response back from apple and we are discussing the issue with them further.

@BlackCloakGS Thanks for reply, is the any estimated date to fix...i submitted my app for 5 times ...with different techniques but no use ...we can stop submitting until IAP fixes because no use of sending .

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

Is anyone else getting reports of their apps force closing, or after an ad shows up they are taken back to a main menu? Something of that sort? I seem to get a lot of reports of such things happening on Android. Lots of complaints of them even losing game progress after the ads force them out of the game.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@FallacyStudios‌
    Not exactly that problem, but I experiencing some other weird stuff after an ad has been displayed.
    Eg. Some of my interpolations gets messed up, and some of my rules stop working. I just started experiencing these problems. So as it is now I cant use ads or IAP it seems... :(

@BlackCloakGS‌ have you guys heard anything about those issues?

• nikkonnikkon Member, PRO Posts: 111

@Dues said:
    FallacyStudios‌
    Not exactly that problem, but I experiencing some other weird stuff after an ad has been displayed.
    Eg. Some of my interpolations gets messed up, and some of my rules stop working. I just started experiencing these problems. So as it is now I cant use ads or IAP it seems... :(

BlackCloakGS‌ have you guys heard anything about those issues?

Ive been experiencing this as well. I only show an ad at the 'retry' & 'home' screen button so I just had to make sure i had all my actors reset to original positions/varibles through rules before the ad shows.

Not that hard to do for me but could see it being hard depending on where you set your ad to display.

edited June 2014

@codewizard @blackcloakGS What a tragedy life was mine...in my Apps IAP is not working ,because of some issue with Apple or Gamesalad , And Said that it takes time to fix.So to live life i need some money right ...i started using Ads in my games Revmob
    and chartboost...

Chartboost only shows startup ads no interstitial ads..(with only startup Ads i can earn $0.00000000145)

Revmob is better it is showing ads, but loading time increase by 20 times with out ads it takes 1.5sec,with ads it takes 20-25 seconds.(so i cant use Revmob).

so Apple is rejecting my Apps.....

Then i was think what to do ...then i was realised i have pro membership i can release my Apps in Android...Wow..

But Android doesn't have IAP...no problem...i compromised my self (Android users don't spend money on IAP).So i will us Ads to earn ...then what ...?

so i published my apps for android and checked Awesome its perfect...then added Revmob and chartboost...again by bad luck started...it takes huge time to start..and shows black blank screen,it takes much more time to load..some time it shows only black screen..so obviously used thinks my App is with virus or he thinks aha ...crappy App uninstall it .

so no other ways to earn money again.Gamesalad Blocked All the Ways

Gamesald People,This release has Great features , super optimization ..Awesome Tables... we can make awesome Apps without coding ,But without working IAP,Ads.
    no use.

Waited 2 months with these problems so...please...please...please......at least fix Revmob and Chartboost . As you guys said Apple IPA is not in your hands,some thing Apple has changed.

And please..don't say "These problems are not from our side some thing wrong in Revmob and Charboost."

Thanks
    Gamesald Apps Developer