Release 0.11.0.13 Stable Mac is now available

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited May 2014

@Daveinpublic said:
    I don't remember that exactly the same way, but at least we made it through together. :) I'll avoid posting any links.

Since you only joined in 2012 did you have a different user name back then? If not you're not going back far enough in history..lol

Some people think they are part of the history I'm talking about. Here is how to know if you were part of the era I'm speaking of.

There was no Windows version.

There was no android publishing.

There were no tables.

There were no monetization options.

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:

Ya it looks like you beat me by about a year or 2012 is when I first logged in to the forums. But I do realize that there are many veterans who had to deal with crazy issues back in the day. And the issues back then were significant. I was also just trying to let some of the newbies know that we complained too, so they don't feel odd for their occasional outbursts. :)

But in case anyone is curious about the old days, this is an oldie but a goodie:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/36128/gamesalad-0-9-88-patch/p6

Those were the days when GS was still relatively new.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

There was no Windows version.

There was no android publishing.

There were no tables.

Ha! We didn't even have real In-App Purchases back then! GameSalad certainly has come a long way.

• mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854

Congrats guys & gals and team on getting this out a major achievement!

I am sure bugs will come out of the woodwork now. It has broken one of my games based on a platform movement. I just re-wrote my code to make it work as it was a long time ago I did that and it could have been better coded logically. I think it was only working due to interpolation overriding things anyway.

Looking forward to exploring the news stuff!

Awesome :)

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2014

Can I make a suggestion?

Allow for zooming in & out of Stage. Maybe implement this into 0.11 version of Windows? ;) This would be a HUGE improvement for actors outside of the camera, and pixel perfection (without using X & Y coordinates - which I would use anyway). Surely I cannot be alone.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I joined much earlier some of had issues with our join dates when we first went pro so our dates changed when we first purchased pro I actually join on 2010

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Socks Dude one day you're going to have to compile all these little projects you make that seem impossible and sell them to us. I know you release many of them for free but I'd pay to get a nice zip file with as many of them as possible. (I'm cheap though so I wouldn't pay too much :P)

@The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ Yeah I remember when I first downloaded GameSalad back in 2009 and it was... far more limiting :D This latest version is leaps and bounds beyond where they started, both in features and usability. People so often forget how far things have come :D

• I.C.R.I.C.R. Member, PRO Posts: 14

@BlackCloakGS said:
    iOS viewer does not support simulator (this will be fixed in a future update)

When? :-O

I can not test my game in my iPhone because I can not install a iOS Viewer from Xcode (more than 200 issues!).

• bluetractorjtbluetractorjt Member Posts: 14

I can't get the new IOS viewer to load on my Ipad and I've been working with GS for 3 years now so. I've never had a problem before with all of the other versions and it seems no matter what I try, no dice. I've re-created all of my certs and now it's telling me to update xcode. I'm in 4.63, like your specs says for us to use. Then I hear from folks that go up a version that they get like 209 errors. What's the deal?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

When I joined we could not save anything, we didn't even have iOS publishing, I designed my first game on the promise it was coming :)

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Ha! We didn't even have real In-App Purchases back then! GameSalad certainly has come a long way.

HA! In MY day you couldn't save attributes.

AT ALL.

grumbles and shakes stick at passer-bys

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited May 2014
  • bluetractorjtbluetractorjt Member Posts: 14

pinkio75, after I wiped all of my certs and upgraded to xcode 5.1 and then ran it, it finally worked. Thanks for that. I got 5.1 last night and tried it before I wiped my certs and it gave me fits so I reverted back to 4.63 as the GS site said. So now, I wiped the certs, went back up to 5.1 and presto! It works. :-)

For the GS team, in your spec requirements on the site, please update the info in the viewer specs on the site. One the site in the viewer specs, you say to use Xcode 4.63. It might help others out telling them they need to go to 5.1 from the start.

• Pl4yorDieMortyPl4yorDieMorty Member, PRO Posts: 13

I am also confused!!!! I have taken the ads out of my game update my game and still I'm getting:

Dear developer, We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery etc... Improper Advertising Identifier [IDFA] Usage. Your app contains the Advertising Identifier [IDFA] API but you have not indicated its usage on the Prepare for Upload page in iTunes Connect. Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

There are so many great Wizards and Gurus in the community and maybe one of them will come across this problem and work some magic!
    HELP!!!
    So if there are other persons out there with this problem, Pro or otherwise, a quick walk through would be GREAT!

Thanks!

• I.C.R.I.C.R. Member, PRO Posts: 14

Hi,

I have a Macbook with OSX 10.9.2 , Xcode 5.1.1 , GameSalad 0.11.0.13 and...

.. the iOS Viewer last version don't run.

:-(

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792

@quantumsheep said:
    QS =D

In my day we didn't have gravity or a clear sense of form like you have nowadays. Instead we were vague concepts drifting in the ether.

• jdigioiajdigioia Member, BASIC Posts: 10
    edited May 2014

For those looking, to enable network rules, you must select the network option on the home page of your project (where you can also rename and choose other global preferences).

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2014

@Armelline said:
    Socks Dude one day you're going to have to compile all these little projects you make that seem impossible and sell them to us.

Cheers Armelline, but to be honest pretty much everything I do is very very simple, a couple of expressions and a pretty picture, I'd feel fraudulent charging ! :o For example I've finished whole projects without even making an attribute (let alone make a table), so it would be hilarious for someone to open one of my projects and realise "hey! it's just a stick moving around in a weird path" :)

• LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240

Great effort GS... time for me to move on from 10.4 me thinks :smile:

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• CodeCellCodeCell Member Posts: 90

Great achievement GS Team!

I did notice that the download file size has decreased by almost half, which shows just how much bugs and issues you have fixed and squashed :smiley:

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Socks said:

For example I've finished whole projects without even making an attribute (let alone make a table), so it would be hilarious for someone to open one of my projects and realise "hey! it's just a stick moving around in a weird path" :)

Ha! A couple of my games are even simpler. Still images with audio only: tap to hear! One has over 2.5K downloads... though it's not making me rich.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Windows Users (with respect) I see many of you gripe about the fact that you are second in the queue as far as fixes, features and new capabilities go.

I'm sure that what you may not be aware of, is that GameSalad began as a Mac only platform!

So, Mac Users have been supporting it for a long, long time. Particularly those that have been paying for Pro Accounts, buying templates and complete games, and funding the on-going development of GameSalad. If it were not for us Mac Users, and the desire of some of us to have a multi-platform engine, you wouldn't even be here.

A legacy of this is that Mac Users can use GameSalad to build apps for all the platforms it now supports.

This is not possible for Windows PC Users because you need a Mac to create, and submit, apps for iOS and Mac OS.

Apple only look after their Mac Users. ( Okay, there are some work-arounds that I have read about, but for the most part they are not easy to implement on a PC and don't always work.)

Please don't take offence Windows Users, because the GS Team are looking after your interests too, since GS diversified, but don't demand priority.

GameSalad has only arrived where it is because of lots of dedicated users who continue to support the development, with paid accounts, free advice, templates and help to newcomers, to build a real Community with a shared interest.

The current GameSalad Team needs to be applauded for their perseverance and dedication, and now this achievement of GS 0.11. (I include acknowledgement of the efforts of those in the past who contributed to advancing GameSalad, but have since moved on.)

[ I have been a part of this for only two and a half years and spent most of it learning GameSalad from all the Tutorial videos, YouTube videos, Member videos, Free templates and code snippets, Purchased templates and Forum advice and posts. I am still a novice here.]

Now, I'm going offline for a few days to avoid any flack.

Congratulations GameSalad Team.

• aussiefazaussiefaz Member, PRO Posts: 86

@JodyMitoma said:
    Oh wow! This is excellent news! I've be doing exactly this for as long as I have been using Photoshop - nearly 8 years. Thanks for the in-depth explanation! Very good news.

lol I just read that and thought the same, I've always used save as instead of save for web

Download UfoBlaster on the iTunes store

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

I'm wondering about loading times. I know you have something awesome in the pipelines in the near future but...

I have a universal IOS project for a game and the loading times are the same on the Ipad and Iphone. If I manually replace the images with 50% smaller images (uncheck resolution independence and replace the images in folder) and make an Iphone only version the loading times are... well 50% faster. When we're talking about 3 seconds vs 6 seconds on scene change this becomes tempting to do. The versions look the same since the images are reduced 50% by the resolution independence in GameSalad in the universal version.

This makes it tempting to make separate Iphone and Ipad versions although my game is completely adaptive to all IOS devices and this is not recommended. Is this something that might change with what ever is coming?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Socks said:
    Cheers Armelline, but to be honest pretty much everything I do is very very simple, a couple of expressions and a pretty picture, I'd feel fraudulent charging ! :o For example I've finished whole projects without even making an attribute (let alone make a table), so it would be hilarious for someone to open one of my projects and realise "hey! it's just a stick moving around in a weird path" :)

Don't underestimate two things:

1. Simple =/= easy.
    2. Things that are free can take on much more value when bundled together.
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    edited May 2014

@dgackey @CodeWizard Hey were numbers limited down to 1 million again?

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@FallacyStudios‌ not sure; possibly. Got a bug we can reproduce?

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@dgackey Well prior to the update I had actors using the image for numbers workaround to display custom numbers. They went into the 10million marker. Because this update won't allow you to input a number greater than 1 million in an integer attribute it is essentially broken.

Steps to reproduce:

Make an integer attribute
    Assign a value greater than 1 million. (It rounds back to 1 million)

I suppose I can make a mathematical workaround, but a nuisance none the less.

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

@FallacyStudios said:
    dgackey Well prior to the update I had actors using the image for numbers workaround to display custom numbers. They went into the 10million marker. Because this update won't allow you to input a number greater than 1 million in an integer attribute it is essentially broken.

Steps to reproduce:

Make an integer attribute
    Assign a value greater than 1 million. (It rounds back to 1 million)

I suppose I can make a mathematical workaround, but a nuisance none the less.

Yikes!

Please can we have our millions back asap!

While you're at it, custom fonts would be nice too cough

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io