Release 0.11.0.13 Stable Mac is now available

Comments

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

@devospice said:

Is this new? > @pinkio75 said:

hi guys, today Apple rejected my Apps for the same issue, here the details:

Reasons
    2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected
    Thank you for your resubmission. However, we still found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we were not able to purchase IAP due to an error.

I've used the last GS stable version to build the game but the issue about IAP are still present.

But in this post i saw:

Fixes:
    Over 240 bug fixes and improvements, including the following major fixes.
    Fixed issues with Apple rejecting apps with In-App Purchases.

i mean we can't submit apps with inApp?

Did you read codewizard's update?

"We've been unable to reproduce this problem internally. All of our tests "just work." This is causing us some consternation and it's beginning to look like something has changed with Apple's review process. We've got an open bug report on this with Apple and will be working with them to figure it out. In the meantime, if your app is rejected due to IAP issues, please file a bug report so we can add it to the pile of things to sort through."

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

@Hopscotch said:
    mobiazzam‌ , do you import the images from a shared network drive? GS occasionally crashes on me when I do this.

I grab images from my folder, and drag directly to GameSalad's image small window in the left buttom.
    I have one experience, even one image sometimes get crash also.
    I use mac.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@pinkio75 Hey just curious, the app you submitted, was it a universal build?

@pinkio75 said:
    hi guys, today Apple rejected my Apps for the same issue, here the details:

Reasons
    2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected
    Thank you for your resubmission. However, we still found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we were not able to purchase IAP due to an error.

I've used the last GS stable version to build the game but the issue about IAP are still present.

But in this post i saw:

Fixes:
    Over 240 bug fixes and improvements, including the following major fixes.
    Fixed issues with Apple rejecting apps with In-App Purchases.

i mean we can't submit apps with inApp?

My apps was accepted yesterday by Apple.
    The problem is not the GM, but maybe your apps.

This article is good reference.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/46652/31-optimization-tips

• albaileyalbailey Member Posts: 3

I have this problem submitting today the app was rejected because it says product identifier was not recognised yet I checked and its exactly the same its a non consumable item ??? I did notice that I ticked hosted with Apple waiting for upload (as per GSHelper vid) but obviously there is nothing to upload for it as its an unlock IAP any ideas?? what am I doing wrong or is it something I am missing... anybody got any examples I can look at please of recent successful submissions

I don't know if it GS or Apple at the moment...

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited May 2014

@FallacyStudios‌ Yes my app is an universal build, sorry @CodeWizard‌ i cant test my game in adhoc version because i havent a ios device... :(

@CodeWizard @dgackey @BlackCloakGS Yea, you guys should look into the universal build potentially being the culprit for the iAp issue.

I submitted quite a few games last week. Out of all of those, almost every single one that was a universal build was rejected for the same reasons everyone else is seeing. Where as one of my apps which is built separate for iPhone/iPod and a version for iPad were both accepted. It appears that purchases were going through, but I won't know for certain until tomorrow.

Btw is anyone experiencing any issues with Actor receives event overlap? Mine doesn't seem to be detecting collision properly. It only triggers the collision in the center of my large actor.

@onelasttime said:
    Same problem.If I put image when gs is full screen,gs get crash.Because of it.I never put image when gs is fullscreen.

Ooo fullscreen was problem? I will try next.
    Thank you for your information.

• LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    edited May 2014

ok this is what happened to me, today.

Apple told me they rejected my app because they tested on an iPhone 5 and iPad running the new 7.1.1 and it crashes ate the beginning.

I tested them with adhoc and they were fine. then I noticed that I was not up to date with the iOS version so I download and instal the 7.1.1 and like the say, I touch the icon, the app opens and instantly closes.

My app doesn't have in apps but it has iAds and rev mob between scenes and is universal.

Does anybody knows something about this?

• FuzzBuzzFuzzBuzz Member, PRO Posts: 119

I'm still getting refused for In App Purchases Not working with the latest stable version...

@FallacyStudios said:
    CodeWizard dgackey BlackCloakGS Yea, you guys should look into the universal build potentially being the culprit for the iAp issue.

I submitted quite a few games last week. Out of all of those, almost every single one that was a universal build was rejected for the same reasons everyone else is seeing. Where as one of my apps which is built separate for iPhone/iPod and a version for iPad were both accepted. It appears that purchases were going through, but I won't know for certain until tomorrow.

None of my apps are universal, but all get rejected for Failure to load In App Purchases...

• Aram SurchyAram Surchy Member, PRO Posts: 78

Hi. My apps got rejected to by the same issue that everyone here has, the error that is called for 2.2 and says the app has bugs or freezes, its wrong ive tested it on my devices and it works fine! and this problem is sure because of revmob or something, im using revmob in the middle of scenes so Ive uploaded a new version without revmob with just iADS so bring me good luck and I hope that apple and gamesalad fixes it soon!

• ogagogag Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2014

Change scene is buggy for me. When I want to retry a game after dying, when touch is pressed, change scene. It changes to the target scene but goes back to the previous scene.

Edit:
    My bad! Messed-up with my logic. Ok now!

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694
    edited May 2014

why can i not update my gamesalad to 0.11.0.13????

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@scottharrrules43 said:
    why can i not update my gamesalad to 0.11.0.13????

are you on a mac?
    what happens?

Yes I am on Mac @jonmulcahy‌, when I click on gamesaladrc button on the gray bar above , and then I click check for update. My says you are updated to the latest version 0.11.0.12.

edited May 2014

@scottharrrules43 said:
    Yes I am on Mac jonmulcahy‌, when I click on gamesaladrc button on the gray bar above , and then I click check for update. My says you are updated to the latest version 0.11.0.12.

Because your using the RC version. It's the new stable version you want and you need to download it or update via the old stable version. There is no new RC version than what you have currently.

Ohhhhhh

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Memory problem still present, when change scene.......
    I have a actor that should destroy when hit another actor but it not.......is it me or GS?

@CodeWizard @BlackCloakGS @dgackey‌

Hey guys, so I encountered a pretty significant issue for my app. I have submitted a bug report on it. I am unsure as to whether it sent the file because it kept telling me that it had timed out everytime I tried to submit it. I hope you guys are able to take a look at it. Thanks

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited May 2014

Hi, today apple reject my App for a new issue...

2.25: Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected, unless designed for a specific approved need (e.g. health management, aviation, accessibility, etc.) or to provide significant added value for a targeted group of customers.

Specifically, your contains other developers apps in the More section.

They say that my button MORE usually connected to the pro behavior associated with Playhaven "more games" now no longer allowed to use?

I did not use inApp behaviors to avoid rejected but unfortunately this was not enough!
    it's really hard to get an free app out there with advertising...

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

Hi all, I'm having a new issue that happens about once per session. I hit preview and the whole scene is black except for one square! In that one square you can see the background. Also that same scene pops up sometimes with the one visible square even if I try to view a different scene. Really strange, this never happened with the 0.10.4.1 version. Could you guys mark this as a bug please. Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks :smile:

@33miles said:
    Hi all, I'm having a new issue that happens about once per session. I hit preview and the whole scene is black except for one square! In that one square you can see the background. Also that same scene pops up sometimes with the one visible square even if I try to view a different scene. Really strange, this never happened with the 0.10.4.1 version. Could you guys mark this as a bug please. Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks :smile:

I get this all the time, on all versions. Hit and miss when it happens but just hit the restart button on the viewer usually works

So uh... how is the iap issues coming? Any chance there will be fixes for these things soon?

found a small bug (ticket 5322):

If you copy and paste a sentence from textedit/pages into the display text expression editor (with quotes) and hit the checkbox, it will display in the game without any spaces. If you click on the expression editor, it shows spaces, but if you hover over the box, it shows it without spaces.

If you type the same sentence into the expression editor using the alt-spacebar to enter a space, everything looks/works as expected.

If you display a text value from a table, everything works as expected, it only seems to happen when copying/pasting.

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

@FallacyStudios said:
    So uh... how is the iap issues coming? Any chance there will be fixes for these things soon?

They're working on the fix. It is a very well known issue, and I'm sure they're working day in and day out to get the problem solved as quickly as possible. It seems to me that the team responsible for GameSalad's creation are very hard at work, not only fixing bugs, but getting ready to implement very much anticipated new features in the next release.

Give them room to breathe. One day at a time. You're not the only one waiting for this fix. ;) I'm sure they'll let us know when its been fixed up.

edited May 2014

@JodyMitoma All I'm asking for is a courtesy update, as they are pretty horrific at doing so. I would personally like to be informed of the status. Since I haven't seen anything for some time now and my business depends on it.

Oh and like you said, "getting ready to implement very much anticipated new features in the next release." It would make a lot more sense to have a fully functional CURRENT release than to have new features being worked on for a future release.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@jonmulcahy said:
    found a small bug (ticket 5322):

If you copy and paste a sentence from textedit/pages into the display text expression editor (with quotes) and hit the checkbox, it will display in the game without any spaces. If you click on the expression editor, it shows spaces, but if you hover over the box, it shows it without spaces.

If you type the same sentence into the expression editor using the alt-spacebar to enter a space, everything looks/works as expected.

If you display a text value from a table, everything works as expected, it only seems to happen when copying/pasting.

Since I have been using GS (Only since August 2013) that is how it Display Text has worked for me. When I have a lot of text to enter into the Expression Editor I use TextEdit to replace all the spaces with "\32" and "\n" for carriage returns then copy and paste it.

• pixelknightspixelknights Member Posts: 68

Hi all,

Is it possible to have 11.0.13 and 10.4.1 installed side by side on OSX? I have a game submitted to app store in 10.4.1 but am keen to start tinkering with 11.0 but dont want to have to submit using 11.0 becuse of the bugs being reported. Is there any way to have both installed?

thanks

@pixelknights said:
    Hi all,

Is it possible to have 11.0.13 and 10.4.1 installed side by side on OSX? I have a game submitted to app store in 10.4.1 but am keen to start tinkering with 11.0 but dont want to have to submit using 11.0 becuse of the bugs being reported. Is there any way to have both installed?

thanks

Yes just make a copy of 10.4.1 and rename it before upgradig