Release 0.11.0.13 Stable Mac is now available

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@FallacyStudios said:
    @dgackey Well prior to the update I had actors using the image for numbers workaround to display custom numbers. They went into the 10million marker. Because this update won't allow you to input a number greater than 1 million in an integer attribute it is essentially broken.

Steps to reproduce:

Make an integer attribute
    Assign a value greater than 1 million. (It rounds back to 1 million)

I suppose I can make a mathematical workaround, but a nuisance none the less.

i checked both the RC and Final builds and I see this in both of them. In my latest game I'm dealing with numbers in the trillions, and it was getting rounded down, but I just thought it was a limitation of the attributes, never thought it was a bug, but I never worked with them before. I just ended up storing all my values in tables and it worked fine on that side of things, it looks like this is on the actor / scene attributes only

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2014

@FallacyStudios said:
    . . . . this update won't allow you to input a number greater than 1 million in an integer attribute it is essentially broken.

@jonmulcahy

@quantumsheep

Same deal with 'real' attributes, nothing above 1,000,000.

But . . . and somewhat counterintuitively . . . . text attributes allow you to enter large values - and you can still carry out mathmatical operations on them.

For example, if you create a text attribute ('text') and make it '1' . . . . then do: Timer, every 0 seconds change 'text' to 'text' + 1 - and constrain an actor's X position to 'text' - it will, as would otherwise be expected, move across the screen.

Or if you give 'text' a default value of 1,000,000,000 - and use a display behaviour to display, for example, 'text' * 19.54 you will get - as you would expect with a normal numerical attribute - 19,540,000,000

Basically text attributes can be used for numerical duties but without the 1,000,000 ceiling.

I expect text attributes are less efficient than dedicated numerical attributes - I guess there is some text > number conversion going on . . . but it works nonetheless.

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

@Socks said:

Dude.

I just want to put in a number over a million like I used to. Not write War and Peace to do it.

:D

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

edited May 2014

@quantumsheep said:
    I just want to put in a number over a million like I used to. Not write War and Peace to do it.

That's the past, this is the future, you need to embrace your new flappy future :p

Did you know you can also store image files in an 'angle' attribute ? **

But seriously . . . you can enter a number over a million just like you used to !! Use a text attribute and treat it like any numerical attribute, enter a trillion as the default, 1,000,000,000,000, and it will display just like that, no 1,000,000 limit, add 10,675,938 to your score every time you shoot down some kind of weird hairy alien - and your text attribute will display 1,000,010,675,938 . . . etc

**this part of my post is not actually true

• natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304

@raze_struck said:
    It terms of memory usage how far can I push with the new release, my game forces the player to backtrack and change scenes often, can I force gs to dump memory. I'm not sure how to optimize gs with a game that has lots of scene changes in it

Actually this is what .11 excels in. Memory usage does get dumped from pause and change scene now. For my project with many scenes the memory usage halfed. But it's different for each person obviously. Best bet is to test with instruments. The upper limit for an app is roughly half the devices RAM in use by a single app before that app crashes.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    edited May 2014

@BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard Apple rejected my game using the stable build.

Apple's reason:
    "When we attempted to purchase your In App Purchase an activity monitor spun for several minutes before we were presented with a purchase failed error. We were also unable to purchase any of the other IAPs or restore prior purchases."

I'll submit a bug report.

I tested an adhoc version and it worked fine.
    Also, the same game was approved for the Amazon Appstore and I've successfully made a couple of purchases.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

I am continuing with a subscription from this day. Just want to thank you for the last really great stable release!

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226

Does tweet sheet work? When I trigger the behavior in ad hoc mode in android, nothing happens, but it says that the message would've been posted when triggered in the preview.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@dgackey @BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard Just wondering, is iAp supposed to work on Mac? Got my mac app rejected with the new release because of iAp not working. Not sure if it is even supposed to work on mac or not though.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

@BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard My second game that went into review has also been rejected for this problem - the in app purchase fails and the tester uploaded a screenshot showing the Error screen I have included in the game.

@FallacyStudios said:
    dgackey BlackCloakGS CodeWizard Just wondering, is iAp supposed to work on Mac? Got my mac app rejected with the new release because of iAp not working. Not sure if it is even supposed to work on mac or not though.

I don't think it works on Mac.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@justinodunn said:
    Does tweet sheet work? When I trigger the behavior in ad hoc mode in android, nothing happens, but it says that the message would've been posted when triggered in the preview.

tweetsheet is iOS only I think

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@quantumsheep said:
    I don't think it works on Mac.

If not, why not I wonder. The code is virtually identical for the two. It does appear based on @darrelf issue, that I am likely going to have issues with many of my other submissions though because of iaps :(

Well, we still don't have Game Center for Mac either. Crazy days!

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226

@jonmulcahy said:
    tweetsheet is iOS only I think

Oh that's too bad :neutral_face:

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454
    edited May 2014

Can someone please explain why this release is causing issues with the interpolate behavior?

All interpolate behaviors I had in place before no longer work correctly, and some animate behaviors won't even start. I think whatever "timing" issues were fixed have cause something to be disrupted.

Thanks!

edited May 2014

@supafly921 said:
    Can someone please explain why this release is causing issues with the interpolate behavior?

All interpolate behaviors I had in place before no longer work correctly, and some animate behaviors won't even start.

I'd start a thread about the issue (rather than work it out here), and include a lot more detail, what kind of interpolation, interpolating what attributes, over what value range and so on - there was a small adjustment made to the interpolate behaviour, but it was vanishingly small and should only really effect interpolations over very small value ranges (like 0 to 1).

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Eagerly waiting on the Windows version. #excited

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454
    edited May 2014

Ok @socks @codewiz--just for your reference this is what I am seeing:

Very basic interpolate/animate behaviors that were working perfectly in the previous release until 11.0.13. Also, the subtraction (-) sign within the rules doesn't work at all for me.

edited May 2014

@supafly921 said:
    Also, the subtraction (-) sign within the rules doesn't work at all for me.

Works fine for me, in 10.4 and 11.

I'd start a thread about the issue (rather than work it out here) otherwise these kinds of threads turn into mini forums of their own with people working out the (inevitable) issues that come with a major update.

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

At the beginning of some of these threads, they mention to list bugs here, and that they'll keep an eye out for issues with the current build here.

• mikudmikud Member Posts: 12

Did anybody publish any game with this version on Apple? I tried with 4 apps, all were rejected with the same reason: "2.1: Apps that crash will be rejected".

• devospicedevospice Member, BASIC Posts: 16

@CodeWizard said:
    (however, we do not support Photoshop exported 8 bit PNGs).

Is this new? I was using Photoshop exported 8-bit PNGs flawlessly in the project I've been working on since last August and all of a sudden new images won't import with a transparent background. It took me forever to figure out what was going on.

24-bit PNGs still work so I can use those but I'm trying to shave off memory wherever I can. My project is already over 10 MB and I'm only about 1/5 of the way through the level creation.

->Later.....Spice

@Daveinpublic said:
    At the beginning of some of these threads, they mention to list bugs here, and that they'll keep an eye out for issues with the current build here.

Good point, if you want to sort out issues in this thread rather than a dedicated thread then don't let me stop you, I'm not in charge ! :)

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@supafly921 said:
    Ok socks codewiz--just for your reference this is what I am seeing:

Very basic interpolate/animate behaviors that were working perfectly in the previous release until 11.0.13. Also, the subtraction (-) sign within the rules doesn't work at all for me.

Make sure you "highlight" the rule needing to be remove, and then press the subtract. previously it would subtract the top rule. Now you need to specify the rule by clicking that section before itll make a change.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

When I put image to image folder, sometimes GS get crash.
    Does anyone get crash also? Or only me :-(

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@mobiazzam‌ , do you import the images from a shared network drive? GS occasionally crashes on me when I do this.

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

@Socks said:
    Good point, if you want to sort out issues in this thread rather than a dedicated thread then don't let me stop you, I'm not in charge ! :)

Ok, I'm not 100% sure either way.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,214
    edited May 2014

hi guys, today Apple rejected my Apps for the same issue, here the details:

Reasons
    2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected
    Thank you for your resubmission. However, we still found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we were not able to purchase IAP due to an error.

I've used the last GS stable version to build the game but the issue about IAP are still present.

But in this post i saw:

Fixes:
    Over 240 bug fixes and improvements, including the following major fixes.
    Fixed issues with Apple rejecting apps with In-App Purchases.

i mean we can't submit apps with inApp?

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@mobiazzam said:
    When I put image to image folder, sometimes GS get crash.
    Does anyone get crash also? Or only me :-(

Same problem.If I put image when gs is full screen,gs get crash.Because of it.I never put image when gs is fullscreen.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze