Release 0.11.0.13 Stable Mac is now available

Comments

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

@CodeWizard‌ @BlackCloakGS‌

How long is 10.4.1 going to be supported with the previous way of image processing?

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226

I can't see revmob/chartboost :(

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@dgackey Ok so I submitted a ticket on the stuck in Generation issue. If you guys are able to reset it and allow me to regenerate soon that would be awesome. Thanks :D

@jonmulcahy said:
    it's on the publishing portal

Cheers mate ;)

edited May 2014

is this normal to happen? (to fix this i have to refresh that page)

and why do i have to unlock actors (non prototype) two times??

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@GunBrothersGaming said:
    Can you guys when you announce that something is available that you put for mac in the title? That way those of us using Windows can continue to not open these threads? It just gives us false hope that you guys actually want to help Windows users.

It's really frustrating to see tons of Mac releases and Windows continually get put on the back burner over and over again.

Now that Mac 0.11 is out, expect to see "nightly builds" of Windows Creator with new features and bug fixes out soon (nightly builds are available to pro users).

@stevej Hey I was wondering if you guys got the chance to take a look at the issue I'm having with the publishing portal. One of my games is stuck in Generating

Anyone know if Twitter functionality works properly for Android in this version?

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374

I think Twitter is only for iOS?

@BobD said:
    I think Twitter is only for iOS?

yea, tweetsheet is iOS only afaik

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

@jonmulcahy said:
    this is why it is important to always take a look at the upcoming beta releases! these image changes were introduced and talked about weeks ago.

People pay $300 to use this program (I will be in the coming months myself, too). You need to also keep in mind that creating a game can take months, if being built by one person, and depending on how in depth the game is. I feel that removing the compatibility of 8bit Photoshop PNG's was atrocious.

edited May 2014

@JodyMitoma said:
    People pay $300 to use this program (I will be in the coming months myself, too). You need to also keep in mind that creating a game can take months, if being built by one person, and depending on how in depth the game is. I feel that removing the compatibility of 8bit Photoshop PNG's was atrocious.

I know! you described what I do! I pay the $300 (or I did until I got a nice bump from Tizen), I have spent as little as 6 weeks, and a long as 18 months working on a single game, and I do everything myself.

there have been SO many other changes GS has made over the years that have caused some serious reworking of projects. Most of them were 'bugs' people had gotten used to working around, and when they were fixed, the bugs went away.

If you read the thread I linked to above, you can see the reasons for the new graphics method, and I think it was well worth the minor inconvenience of converting the images. the massive performance improvements we will soon see will be awesome, and the single megatexture will finally make it difficult for people to steal the images we work so hard to create (or pay for).

I know it sucks, and the first time I update a legacy app I'm sure I'll be unhappy converting the 1000 or so images, but something like this could be automated pretty simply, and was worth the future payoff.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

I agree. Likewise, I design my games by my self as well. Typically I create my games in as little as 8 weeks and as long as 12 months. Presently, I am working on a game that will be complete in about 6 months. I never produce clones and put the time and effort into trying to create a game that is unique. Admittedly, just producing a Mind Map, organizing my thoughts and the preproduction work is a challenge within its self as it is one of the most time consuming aspects of game design. Also, testing and debugging is a real time consumer as well. Either way I am still vey greatfully for Game Salad. :) Good Luck with your games and I wish you all great succes in the future. Just keep making games!

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• aussiefazaussiefaz Member, PRO Posts: 86

@jonmulcahy said:
    AFAIK, orientation for android builds is handled on the app side, not the publishing side like for iOS.

Ok, I see that I can't select portrait in the publish side, was sure I was able to first time around.

If its done on the app side, and I've published my app with google play, why doesn't it rotate to portrait when I test it on my device?

Im either missing a step somewhere, or have not seen a button anywhere that allows me to set the app to portrait. Either in google play, GS or the creator

Download UfoBlaster on the iTunes store

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203
    edited May 2014

@aussiefaz said:
    Im either missing a step somewhere, or have not seen a button anywhere that allows me to set the app to portrait. Either in google play, GS or the creator

Under: Scene - Attributes - Autorotate you can select Landscape left, landscape right and Portrait and portrait upside down.

You need to select portrait in every scene of your game. If you select all of them, your android's device sensor will determine what way your app will turn. Otherwise it does not matter if you select landscape left or right since landscape right will be the only one working unless you select all of it. IOS works by just selecting it in the publishing.

None of this has changed since the last stable build i think though.

@aussiefaz said:
    @aussiefaz said:

1. make sure your app is designed in portrait mode (i assume it is)
    2. go to the scene properties, then the auto rotate section and check off all supported orientations. You have to do this for every scene in your app
  • aussiefazaussiefaz Member, PRO Posts: 86

@vafurlogi @jonmulcahy‌ Thanks for that, I finally found it in another thread.

I never even realised those pages were still set on landscape left, just assumed because I had the initial game settings set on iPhone portrait all scenes would be set that way.

As they say, never assume anything. Another lesson learnt ;)

Republishing now, so I can send it to google play

Download UfoBlaster on the iTunes store

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069

For people with games stuck in "Generating":

We found a generation issue with Android games an Resolution independence yesterday. If your game is stuck generating, try right clicking on the generate button and opening the link in a new tab. This will often "unstick" generating. Generally speaking, generation should take at most 10 minutes (unless you have a LOT of images). So if it's taking longer than half an hour, go ahead and try the trick.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@JodyMitoma said:

What you need to realize is there are thousands of GS users and each one of them is always going to be in the middle of a game that takes months to build. In that line of logic there is never a good time for updates and changes, right? As is in the thread about images they show you how to batch convert your art. All one has to do is use the programs advised and right click on the GS file and select show contents. Grab the art folder and batch convert the images problem solved.

• natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304

@justinodunn said:
    is this normal to happen? (to fix this i have to refresh that page)

and why do i have to unlock actors (non prototype) two times??

This is happening for me too, seems to happen more often when I have 2 projects open.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

if some one has not already please submit a bug on the double unlock issue.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@FallacyStudios I also had a game stuck in generating recently and had to create a new game and delete the old one from my portfolio.

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

Top work GS … Love how you've been working recently! Keep it up :)

• 8bitninja8bitninja Member Posts: 367
    edited May 2014

Anyone having png issues should just try the sips method. Works super fast and is super easy to do. In the time it takes you to write out an angry rant you could have already converted all of your games.

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171
    edited May 2014

@8bitninja said:
    Anyone having png issues should just try the sips method. Works super fast and is super easy to do. In the time it takes you to write out an angry rant you could have already converted all of your games.

Sadly that method does not solve some png problems, like of those 16 bit png made in photoshop... the solution provided for those is to convert the images to 8 bit png, even when gamesalad have stated that 8 bits png are not supported.

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792

Must feel good to have this out after working on it for so long. Take a few minutes to enjoy it before getting back on any bug fixing :)

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

Awesome job guys! Now to find a new ad service for android. Banner and video services in general for all platforms would be incredible.

• filmcowfilmcow Member Posts: 5

@Chechesoft said:
    Sadly that method does not solve some png problems, like of those 16 bit png made in photoshop... the solution provided for those is to convert the images to 8 bit png, even when gamesalad have stated that 8 bits png are not supported.

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that 8 bit PNGs aren't supported, but PNGs with "8 bits/channel" color data are supported and recommended.

As in, 16 bits/channel PNGs (48 bit) need to be converted to 8 bits/channel PNGs (24 bit).

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

That's right. PNGs with 8 bit palettes are an issue... as are PNGs with 16-bits per channel. For best support, choose 8-bit/channel PNGs. A total of 32-bits per pixel.